Freedom SW 2012 Inverter/Charger
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Versatile inverter/charger that can adapt to growing system demands.
Inverter/chargers are a great way to combine two key components of your boat’s electrical system into a single unit. The versatile Xantrex Freedon SW series not only joins a true sine wave inverter with an advanced multi-stage battery charger, it also has features that make expansion easier. With 2000W of continuous AC output, this inverter/charger is ideal for boats with moderate AC demands. The 100A battery charger will keep up with a larger sized battery bank. If your needs change, the Freedom SW can be combined with other components to grow with the demand.
The true sine inverter provides AC power from your battery banks that matches that of grid supplied power. This clean power minimizes harmonic distortion and allows appliances and sensitive electronics to operate and function as designed—without the risk of damage. Ideal for use with variable speed motors and microprocessor controlled appliances and electronics
Several features make the Freedom SW easier to use. A built in transfer switch simplifies returning to the dock by a seamlessly transitioning AC loads from the battery banks to shore power (grid) supplied power without a noticeable disruption in current. A generator support mode allows the inverter to step in to assist the generator when AC loads exceed the genset's capacity. An optional automatic generator start feature protects batteries by starting up the generator to charge the batteries while continuing to supply AC. With an optional remote ON/OFF switch, you can link the inverter to the ignition switch to prevent unwanted battery discharge when the alternator isn’t providing power.
Multi-stage charging is the best way to restore a battery’s charge and extend battery life. The Freedom SW is power factor corrected for maximum efficiency and uses a 3 stage charging system (bulk, absorption and float) plus a manual equalize feature to charge, flooded, AGM and Gel batteries. The equalize feature helps to retain maximum battery capacity by removing crystals that form on the plates. Using the optional system control panel, you will be able to program charging rates to match manufacturer’s specifications. The charger also compensates for battery temperature using the included sensor.
Expansion is easier with the help of Xantrex stacking abilities. Two inverter/chargers can be combined to double the AC current flow and/or double the charging capabilities. For higher voltage AC loads, two Freedom SW inverter/chargers can be wired in series to provide 240V AC. An optional system control panel allows remote operation and adds programming and diagnostic features. A ComBox accessory will relay data logs, and system control to your tablet or mobile phone.
Built in safety protects both the boat and the inverter/charger. Low voltage alarm and shut down prevent the inverter from drawing down the battery bank to a harmful level. An audible alarm with sound giving you enough time to save computer work or safely shut down equipment before the power is cut off. Over-voltage and overload protection keeps the inverter functioning within its capacity—even as demands increase. Over-temperature protection prevents the inverter from operating in dangerous temperatures.
2000W continuous output will supply moderate AC demands to any load including electronic devices or equipment with a microprocessor as well as variable speed power tools and fans. The needs of a 1200W microwave or a 1500W hair dryer will be met easily, but not at the same time. A 4000W surge capacity ensures breakers won’t be tripped by the start-up demands of any AC load.
- Versatile inverter/charger ideal for boats with moderate AC demands
- True (pure) sine wave inverter that is compatible with all AC loads
- Generator Support Mode automatically supplements generator when AC loads exceed the generator’s capacity
- Stacking ability allows two inverter/chargers to be wired in parallel or series to double continuous output or meet 240V AC demands
- Built in transfer switch provides seamless transition from battery sourced AC to shore power (grid) sourced power
- Multi-stage charging with manual equalize feature to maximize battery life and capcity
- Programmable charge profiles to match battery manufacturer requirements (requires optional system control panel (Xantrex part no. 809-0921)
- Temperature compensation using included batter temperature sensor
- Optional auto-Generator Start to automatically charge batteries when voltage drops to a preset level
- Compatible with optional accessories, including System Control Panel and Automatic Generator Start Module, ComBox
- Also available in 24V models
Freedom SW 2012 Inverter/Charger
|Amperage||Charger Max 100 Amps|
|Amperage Draw at Rest||3 Amps Active ON|
|Multi Bank Chargers||1 Bank|
|Output Waveform||Pure Sine Wave|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
2000 Watts Continuous
4000 Watts Long Term Surge
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
To receive your order by December 24th, 2018, please reference the 2018 Holiday Shipping Schedule.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).