Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Protect Your Purchase
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Details
PLUS adds up to 2 more years of coverage beyond the Manufacturer's Warranty and offers extra coverage from the date of purchase throughout the extended term. PLUS includes:
- Wear and Tear Coverage
- Power Surge Protection
- Exchange for products under $400
- Onboard service on products over $750
- Up to 5 years of total coverage
Your PLUS plan goes into effect with your purchase ‐ no registration required. Purchase your PLUS plan online, in stores or by calling 1 (800) 262-8464.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
EVO® Electric Winch Kits offer sail trimming at the push of a button for more relaxed and comfortable sailing.
Whatever sailing you do, short-handed or long-distance cruising, it’s easy to install electric winches or upgrade your existing winches with one of Lewmar’s conversion kits.
Complete Electric Winch Kits include ELS-Series controller, circuit breaker or fuse and deck switch.
Electric Load Sensing
Pioneered by Lewmar, ELS (Electric Load Sensing) electric winches are controlled by an Overload Protection Control Box, allowing the winch to be operated up to the safe working load of the specific winch.
Once this load is exceeded, the winch automatically cuts out. Once the load is reduced to below the safe working load, the winch can be restarted. The ELS features the additional safety function of a Motor Thermal Trip, which ensures that the motor cuts out in the event of excessive heat buildup.
Key EVO Winch Features
- EVO® Winches are an evolution of the renowned Lewmar Ocean Winch; They’re easy to service, with no tools required
- The integrated investment-cast stainless steel feeder arm completely covers the winch, and does not create a rope trap above the Wavespring jaws
- Directional arrows allow foolproof loading of the winch, a very helpful feature if you are sailing with an inexperienced crew
- The stripper position can be adjusted to smoothly feed the rope out of the jaws and into the cockpit
- Simple servicing: No tools are required to service a Lewmar EVO® winch, simply unscrew the top cap with your fingers to remove the drum and provide access to the gear train
- If you try to put a Lewmar EVO® winch together wrongly, it will become very clear that youve got it wrong; it is impossible to service the winch and put it back together incorrectly
- Seven-year warranty: With an aggressive in-house testing program, Lewmar backs EVO® Winches up with a comprehensive seven-year warranty.
Key Electric Features
- ELS-Series controller features the additional safety function of a Motor Thermal Trip, which ensures that the motor cuts out in the event of excessive heat buildup
- Pushbutton power
- Quiet operation
- Manual override
- All the benefits of the EVO® winch series
- Easy to install
- Complete Electric Winch Kits include ELS-Series controller, circuit breaker or fuse and deck switch
- Features powerful series wound motor
This article will get you up to speed on the different styles of winch handles and the features and benefits of each.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 6/17/2019
This article will help you prepare for passage making that is both safe and fun.
By Chuck Hawley and Tom Burden, Last updated 6/14/2019
What kind of winches do you need? This article breaks down your options to simplify your choice.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 6/12/2019
Performing routine maintenance on winches is remarkably easy. This article shows you how.
By Emily French, Last updated 4/24/2019