Electro Scan Type I MSD
Reliable and environmentally friendly onboard Marine Sanitation Device that generates its own natural disinfectant from salt water.
The Electro Scan utilizes electrodes which temporarily convert salt water into a powerful bactericide. The treated wastewater then safely and conveniently reverts back to its original state of salt and water which meets EPA Type I standards for overboard discharge. This environmentally sound process helps eliminate costly pump out hassles.
Electro Scan consistently controls the electrodes to reduce power consumption, drawing 37 amps for two minutes (@12V DC) resulting in a mere 1.2Ah per cycle. It features easy touchpad operation and may be plumbed to one or two heads (within 6') to form a complete sanitation system.
- USCG certified Type I MSD
- Each cycle only uses 1.2 amp hours of power
- Creates own natural disinfectant from salt water
- Coated electrodes use salt water to kill bacteria and viruses without using harmful chemicals
- Records each treatment cycle and stores information in non-volatile memory that can be read on the LCD display or downloaded to a PC
- Single button operation
- Can be used with manual and electric toilets
- Requires seawater salinity or salt feed tank
- 13-1/2"H x 16"W x 9 3/4"D
- 1-1/2" NPT ports
- Includes hose barb fittings
NOTE: Use in brackish or fresh water requires addition of Salt Feed System, Model 1675271 (2gal.) or Model 1675917 (4gal. with 12V Pump)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.