Real Estate Development
Who We Are
We are one of the world’s largest marine retailers. Helping others recreate on and around the water is our passion, our joy and our mission.
Boats have always had the power to inspire people. They have been the impetus behind countless songs, paintings, works of literature and early retirements. West Marine’s founder and chairman, Randy Repass took his passion for boating, channeled it into a prosperous business and revolutionized the way people shop for boating supplies.
What has become the world’s largest waterlife outfitter started modestly enough in a garage in Sunnyvale, CA. Mr. Repass saw an opportunity to improve the way people shopped for boating supplies.
Want to Contact West Marine about a New Store Location?
If you have a site that could be a potential fit for a new West Marine store, please carefully review the following criteria:
- Strong marine synergy (e.g. proximity to marine recreational activities and/or private or commercial marinas)
- Two ranges of store sizes based on market potential
- Waterlife Store: 11,000–25,000 sq. ft. (for the markets with the highest marine synergy)
- 16’ minimum clearance for Waterlife.
- Waterlife Select Store 7,000–11,000 sq. ft.
- 15’ minimum clearance for Waterlife Select.
- Loading zone for 54’ trailer deliveries
- Freestanding or In-line
- Coastal Areas (near Atlantic, Pacific Oceans and the Gulf of Mexico)
- Strong retail center or retail area
- Excellent visibility and site accessibility
- Ample parking: 5/1000
To submit a site for consideration, and if it meets the above requirements, please review the Broker Listings page for the appropriate contact information for that area. Please provide any site or building plans, photographs, co-tenancy information, and information on timing/availability.
Please do not call West Marine directly.
Given the amount of inquiries, we cannot guarantee a response to all submissions. You will be contacted if there is interest or questions. We are not seeking franchise partnerships at this time.
Thank you for your interest in West Marine!