Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Protect Your Purchase
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Details
PLUS adds up to 2 more years of coverage beyond the Manufacturer's Warranty and offers extra coverage from the date of purchase throughout the extended term. PLUS includes:
- Wear and Tear Coverage
- Power Surge Protection
- Exchange for products under $400
- Onboard service on products over $750
- Up to 5 years of total coverage
Your PLUS plan goes into effect with your purchase ‐ no registration required. Purchase your PLUS plan online, in stores or by calling 1 (800) 262-8464.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
SHIMANO Vanford F Spinning Reel
Sculpted from over a decade of engineering advancement and a rich lineage of predecessors, the new Vanford tests the boundaries of technology and engineering found in spinning reels. Built upon a CI4+ body for both a lightweight feel and carbon rigidity, the Vanford incorporates a MagnumLite (MGL) Rotor for up to 48% less rotational inertia than traditional rotor construction for a quick response in critical situations.
The Vanford features Shimano’s cold-forged HAGANE Gear and many of Shimano’s premium technologies for increased fishing performance and years of durability. Vanford’s Silent Drive and MicroModule Gear II technologies combine to produce a new level of smooth rotational performance while reducing overall reel vibration. Vanford also incorporates Long Stroke Spool technology to increase casting distance while producing a smoother line lay on the spool during retrieval.
X-Protect technology and water- channeling construction enhances Vanford’s water resistance and overall durability — an important feature for a reel sure to be found in inshore environments. From ice fishing and drop-shot fishing for smallies in the sweetwater to stalking tailing fish in the flats, the Vanford has no equal. A legend is born.
- Long Stroke Spool
- X Protect - By combining a water repellent coating and a specially designed, water channeling, labyrinth construction, X-Protect provides high-level water resistance without sacrificing light gear and rotor rotation
- MGL Rotor - The Magnumlight Rotor is 25% lighter, offering better balance and requiring 22% less inertia, making it easier to start and stop your retrieve for an overall smoother feel. By revising what was the conventional method of symmetrical rotor construction, the bail return mechanism was moved from the line roller side to the mounting cam side. This removed the need for additional counterbalance weight, further reducing overall weight and assisting in reducing inertia
- Slient Drive - From the fundamental, whole body design to the most intricate parts of the drive train, including the drive gear, wormshaft, wormshaft pin and wormshaft gear, every piece has been carefully reviewed, and the smallest clearance gaps and wobbles have been eliminated to the highest tolerances
- CI4+ is an advanced version of the original CI4. This highly technical carbon material maintains 2.5 times more rigidity than CI4. While improving lightness and rigidity, the body and rotor are further reduced in size and weight
Don't know anything about fishing reels? This broad overview will help you to select a reel for the type of fish you want to catch.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 11/2/2021
This discussion focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of spinning reels and what to consider when making a choice.
By Brian Vanderlaan, Last Updated: 5/15/2022