Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Frequently Bought Together
Deep cycle gel batteries take your house bank or trolling motor to the next level
Gel batteries go beyond the conventions of traditional flooded and AGM batteries to provide a longer life and more durability. At a 1% monthly discharge rate, these batteries are able to tolerate long periods without being charged and still be ready for the water when you are. Our gel batteries will also stand up to being discharged for long periods of time and bounce back to full capacity when charged. By locking the electrolyte in a thixotropic gel the risk of vibration damage is nearly eliminated. Rough seas or long dirt roads are no match for gel batteries. Because there is no fluid, gel batteries can be installed in any position (except upside down); they are great for installations in hard to reach areas. Like Flooded and AGM batteries, Gel batteries require a specific charge profile. We recommend checking the specifications of your charger to confirm compatibility. If you want a battery that will stand up to marine use and so much more, our gel batteries are the answer.
Manufactured in the U.S. for West Marine by East Penn, one of the most reputable battery companies in the country. Each battery receives over 250 quality control checks to guarantee consistent and superior performance. East Penn’s award winning factory leads the industry in closed loop and sustainable practices. Nearly all of the plastics, lead and acid are recycled, so our batteries are great for your boat and the environment.
- Deep cycle batteries are designed to handle the power drains that other batteries cannot
- Ideal for trolling motors and house banks
- Superior vibration resistance
- Can be installed in multiple positions (except upside down)
- Suited for hard to reach locations
- Will charge to full capacity even if left discharged for long periods of time
- Will serve as an emergency start battery if CCA specification matches that of your engine
- Enhanced durability design to withstand wear of extended cycling service
- Gel encased electrolyte provides superior vibration resistance
- Safer to install and transport with no-spill design to prevent leaking acid
- Manufactured in the USA
- Group Size: Group 24
- Terminal Type: - Molded-in offset SAE post & vertical 5/16" NEG., 3/8" POS. stainless steel studs and hex nuts
- Amp Hours (Ah): 73
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 410
- Marine Cranking Amps (MCA): 575
- Reserve Minutes: 130
- Weight: 52 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10 7/8"L x 6 3/4"W x 9 7/8"H
- Warranty: 24-month free replacement
Core charge will apply to battery purchase if an old 12V battery is not exchanged at the time of purchase.
How much storage capacity do you need? The answer to that question begins with creating an energy budget for your boat.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 8/1/2019
Modern “smart” charging options make proper care of batteries almost goof-proof. This article will help you make the right choice for your boat.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 12/21/2020
Planning to install a new battery charger? This article will acquaint you with what you need to know to do the job right.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 3/10/2020
Starting, dual-purpose or deep-cycle? What about flooded, gel, AGM or Lithium? This article will help you make the right choice.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 2/22/2022
Learn how to build in redundancy and failure protection with two battery banks and charge management devices like ACRs.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 6/1/2020