Columbia Welcomes New, Larger West Marine Store
Celebration for March 17 grand opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony, prizes, giveaways and more.
Watsonville, CA, Feb 28, 2018 West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today that the grand opening celebration at its new, larger store location in Columbia, SC, is scheduled to kick off at 8 a.m. Sat., March 17. The special guest for the ribbon-cutting ceremony will be Columbia City Councilman Sam Davis.
The store will host an array of attractions throughout the day, including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways and much more.
The new 9,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store is located at Columbiana Station at 142 Harbison Boulevard. Store Manager Gregory Gisler and his staff of nearly 20 associates have more than 285 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Gisler says they are eager to meet the needs of fellow waterlife lovers.
“Columbia is known as ‘The Capital of Southern Hospitality’ and my crew plans to be a friendly source of information and knowhow for both locals and visitors to our beautiful city,” Gisler says. “Our own Lake Murray is home to 500 miles of shoreline and by doubling our floorspace we can triple the assortment for paddling, fishing, electronics, and clothing to be a true one-stop shopping experience for those who wish to enjoy our prized local landscape.”
Highlights for the Columbia event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17, featuring special guest City Councilman Sam Davis.
- The first 100 customers when doors open at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17 will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5-100. Also starting at 8 a.m. guests will enjoy Spin the Wheel Giveaways and the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 West Marine Gift Card as well as other fantastic items from leading vendors.
- Double Points Rewards: During the grand opening day, March 17, West Advantage Rewards members at the Columbia store only will receive double points on valid qualified purchases.
- Local Charity Giveback/Lake Murray Sailing Association & Columbia Sailing Club: In addition, 10 percent of sales (up to $3,000) will be donated to the Lake Murray Sailing Association and the Columbia Sailing Club as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture program. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs. Free Activities: From 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Vendors on Site: East Penn, Navico (Lowrance, Simrad, B&G), and ICOM America.
- BoatU.S. on site: The local tower will be on site to answer all membership and service questions. They will also offer $50 off unlimited Saltwater or Gold towing packages.
The Columbia West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Columbia store include:
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Bait Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming Columbia grand opening celebration, visit Eventbrite.com.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com