Fort Lauderdale Announces Newly Updated West Marine Flagship Along with New West Marine Pro Location
Celebration for March 17 grand re-opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony with Fort Lauderdale Mayor Jack Seiler, prizes, giveaways and more.
Watsonville, CA, Feb 28, 2018 - West Marine, the world’s premier Waterlife Outfitter, announced today that the celebration of its newly remodeled flagship store located in Fort Lauderdale, Fla., is scheduled to kick off at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17. Mayor Jack Seiler will be the special guest at the ribbon-cutting ceremony taking place at 8 a.m. sharp.
The 50,000-plus-square-foot West Marine store (the largest in the company) is located at 2401 South Andrews Avenue. Store Manager Peter Avlogitos and his staff of over 100 Associates have more than 1,000 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Avlogitos says they thankful to be able to meet the needs of fellow waterlife lovers.
“I have been with West Marine for over 17 years and I have to say that South Florida is a paradise for all warm weather waterlife,” Avlogitos says. “From fishing the Everglades and local canals to cruising the Atlantic on a 300-foot yacht, we certainly have it all for boats small and big, power or sail, or even as a beachgoer or a passenger on a cruise ship, the life on the water screams to be enjoyed here.”
“From the way the store is merchandised to our new conveniently located entrance, the entire project was geared towards making the shopping experience efficient and welcoming for our pro customers,” says West Marine Pro Hub manager Jhovany Castillo. “Now they can easily pick up what they need and quickly get back on the road and back to their projects,” he adds.
Highlights for the Fort Lauderdale event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17, featuring special guest, Mayor Jack Seiler.
- The first 100 customers when doors open at 8 a.m. on Sat., March 17 will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5 - $100. Also starting at 8 a.m. guests will enjoy Spin the Wheel Giveaways and the opportunity to enter for a chance to win a $500 West Marine Gift Card as well as other fantastic items from leading vendors.
- Double Points Rewards: During the grand opening day, March 17, West Advantage Rewards members at the Fort Lauderdale store only will receive double points on valid qualified purchases.
- Local Charity Giveback/Special Olympics Florida (Broward County): In addition, 10 percent of sales (up to $3,000) will be donated to the Special Olympics Florida (Broward County), as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture program. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Free Activities: From 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. including food from Empanada Top and music from the ReelTing Steel Drum Band.
- Meet and Greet Celebrities from Into the Blue: Meet and talk with Captains Steve Rodger and Scott Walker from the famed offshore fishing show Into the Blue.
- Vendors on Site: Boat Bling, East Penn, Xtratuf, Navico (Lowrance, Simrad, B&G), Maui Jim, Pelagic, ENO Hammocks, ICOM America, Garmin, OluKai, and Interlux Paints.
- BoatU.S. on site: The local tower will be on site to answer all membership and service questions. They will also offer $50 off unlimited Saltwater or Gold towing packages.
- Coastal Conservation Association (CCA) Florida Star representatives will also be at the event to answer questions and accept registrations for the upcoming 2018 competition that runs May 26 – Sept. 3, 2018.
The Fort Lauderdale West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local offshore fishing, sailing and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Fort Lauderdale store include:
- New West Marine Pro Entrance and Checkout: This dedicated entrance provides convenient parking, easy access, and fast checkout for the West Marine Pro customer.
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Bait Shack
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
For more information about West Marine’s upcoming Fort Lauderdale grand opening celebration, visit EventBrite.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com