Alameda Welcomes New, Larger West Marine Store
Celebration for June 9 Grand Opening includes activities for the whole family, ribbon-cutting ceremony with Alameda Mayor Trish Herrera Spencer, giveaways, and more.
Watsonville, CA, May 31, 2018 - West Marine, the world’s premier boating retailer, announced today the grand opening celebration at its new, larger store location in Alameda, CA scheduled from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on Sat., June 9. The special guests for the ribbon-cutting ceremony will be Alameda Mayor Trish Herrera Spencer, Vice Mayor Malia Vella and Councilmember Jim Oddie.
The store will host an array of attractions throughout the weekend, including complimentary food and refreshments, vendors on site, BlueFuture Kids Zone activities, prizes, giveaways and much more.
The new 13,000-square-foot West Marine store is located at 2230 South Shore Center. Store Manager Neil Fraser and his staff of 13 Associates have more than 300 years of combined boating, fishing, sailing, cruising and paddling experience, and Fraser says they are eager to meet the needs of area boaters, anglers, and water sports enthusiasts.
“Alameda is known as ‘The Island City’ and is very proud of its multi-generational heritage. My crew plans to be a friendly source of information and knowhow for both locals and visitors to our beautiful city,” Fraser says. “In addition to all of the sailing, fishing, and kayaking our residents enjoy Crown Beach which is popular for walking, biking, and kiteboarding. This location will serve as key to enjoying life on and by the water here.”
Highlights for the Alameda event include:
- Ribbon-Cutting Ceremony: 8 a.m. on Sat., June 9, featuring special guests Alameda Mayor, Trish Herrera Spencer, Vice Mayor Malia Vella and Alameda Councilmember Jim Oddie.
- Local Charity Giveback: 10 percent of sales (up to $5,000) will be donated to local organizations Oakland Strokes, Blue Endeavors and the Alameda Community Sailing Center as well as to West Marine’s nonprofit BlueFuture fund. Each year, BlueFuture provides much-needed grant funding to nonprofit organizations dedicated to giving young people access to the water through boating, fishing, water sports, boatbuilding, conservation and marine science programs.
- Free food from Panera11:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
- BlueFuture Kids Zone: Activities for all ages including face painting, knot tying, coloring, pieceless puzzles and giveaways.
- Vendors on Site: Navico, Garmin, Standard Horizon, BoatUS, ICOM, Starbrite, NER (New England Ropes), and more.
- Local Yacht Clubs will be on site.
- The first 100 customers that day will receive a free West Marine Mystery Gift Card valued at $5-100.
- Prizes & Giveaways: A Pandora premium one-year membership (worth $119), plus items from Roxy, Maui Jim, Z-Tuff, Boat Bling, Yeti, Z-Block, Starbrite, and Reef.
- Star 101.3 FM: Live radio remote from Noon – 2:00 p.m.
The Alameda West Marine store is home to thousands of products and is designed to appeal to the local sailing, offshore fishing, and cruising communities, as well as those who enjoy paddlesports and simply spending time on and around the water.
Merchandise highlights in the Alameda store include:
- Rig Shop: This location will have certified riggers on staff who will do custom work to help customers enjoy life on the water in the greater Bay Area
- Electronics: Vast selection of all type of electronic gear from today’s hottest brands
- Engine Parts: Fully equipped to handle outboard and inboard motors
- Fishing: All variety of gear necessary to satisfy customers through the indoor Fishing Shack
- Stand-Up Paddleboards/Kayaks: An array of options for paddling
- Apparel: Men’s and women’s shorts, shoes, sunglasses, T-shirts, safety gear and more
For more information about West Marine's upcoming Alameda grand opening celebration, please visit https://westmarinealameda.eventbrite.com/.
About West Marine
Each person has a unique connection to the water. At West Marine, our knowledge, enthusiasm and products prepare Waterlife adventurers to foster that connection and explore their passions. With more than 250 stores located in 38 states and Puerto Rico and an eCommerce website reaching domestic, international and professional customers, West Marine is recognized as a leading Waterlife Outfitter for cruisers, sailors, anglers and paddlesports enthusiasts. Since first opening our doors in 1968, West Marine associates continue to share the same love for the water as our customers and provide helpful advice on the gear and gadgets they need to be safe and have fun. To learn more about West Marine, please visit the West Marine website at westmarine.com