P12 25A Battery Charger
|ISO Approved||ABYC A-31 Requirements|
|Mounting Hardware||Mounting Screws (Sold Separately)|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
A fully programmable charger that can handle large and small batteries at the same time.
Battery technology is constantly changing. Having a charger that can respond to these changes will maximize the lifespan of your batteries. The P12 is ideal for keeping up with battery technology. Blue Sea Systems pre-programs the P12 with conventional bulk, absorption, and float stages for the four most common battery types. However, these chargers can be user programmed and meet the specific demands of manufacturers and their developing technology. Unique to the P12 is a fourth stage, referred to as “pre-float”, that increases the lifespan of smaller batteries by preventing them from being overcharged while larger batteries are still in the bulk or absorption stage.
An easy to read and intuitive digital display makes programming the charger straightforward. An available remote allows you to monitor charging status from the nav-station or helm. Blue Sea Systems designed the P12 chargers to work with automatic charge relays (ACR) to maintain battery bank separation while charging. Temperature compensation tailors charge voltage to individual battery condition to maximize their performance. The P12 chargers are available in a 25A model for most boats and 40A model for larger boats. Each charger will handle three battery banks.
- Pre-programmed to handle common battery types; ready to use with pre-set charge profiles for flooded lead acid, AGM, Gel and TPPL batteries.
- Fully Programmable; user can set charge profile including when to exit absorption stage to match manufacturer specifications and prevent overcharging batteries
- Remote Available: Yes (Model 15081508))
- Pre-Float; fourth stage that holds smaller batteries in a float like stage while larger batteries complete absorption stage. Increases lifespan of smaller batteries.
- Charge Coordination; works with automatic charge relays (ACR) to maintain battery bank separation during charging
- Universal Voltage; compatible with 90V-265V AC and 45-65 Hz for worldwide applications
- Easy to Read Digital Display; alerts user to faults. Intuitive programming in several languages. Phone tech support available
- Made in the USA
- Five-year warranty
|Total Output Current||25A|
|Input AC Current||2.25A @ 200V AC, 4.5A @ 100V AC|
|Maximum Output Voltage||16.0V DC|
|Nominal Voltage||12V DC|
|Number of Outputs||1 negative|
|Universal AC Input Voltage||90-265V AC|
|AC Input Frequency||45-65Hz|
|Output Voltage Accuracy||0.05V|
|Typical Float Voltage||13.5V DC|
|Minimum Operating Temperature||-20° C|
|Maximum Operating Temperature||70° C|
|Minimum Storage Temperature||-30° C|
|Maximum Storage Temperature||80° C|
|Battery Types||Flooded Lead Acid, AGM, Gel, TPPL (thin plate pure lead)|
|Recommended for Battery Bank Sizes||60Ah Minimum, 330Ah Maximum|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.