CANNON–Magnum10 STX-TS Electric Downrigger
Magnum10 STX-TS Electric Downrigger
|Cable Length||250 Feet|
|Mount Type||Low Profile Swivel|
|Speeds||250 Feet per Minute at 12 Pounds|
An electric downrigger packed with features and stainless steel spool.
Adding downriggers to your fishing arsenal effectively targets fish in a specific water column with devastating effects—for the fish at least. The Cannon Magnum 10 STX-TS electric downriggers are ideal for anglers who need programmable controls for a systematic approach to controlled depth fishing. One piece composite construction with fewer moving parts make these rugged downriggers extremely corrosion resistant and well suited for saltwater or freshwater use.
Deploy line with push button ease. Just press and hold the DOWN button to dispatch the included 150 lb. test line, a digital LCD screen will show the depth of the line clearly; release the button at the desired depth and the Magnum 10 STX-TS will slow the deployment with a soft stop feature to prevent shock-loading and compromising the line and bait. An enclosed pulley at the boom end helps to prevent tangles or line jumping.
Cover more water by adjusting the trolling spread. A dual axis rod holder keeps your rod secure and can be adjusted to avoid entanglements with other lines. The 360° universal swivel and telescoping boom of the downrigger will enable you position the downrigger line further from the boat and other lines. The combination sets up a grid like pattern that is defenseless to fish.
Quickly change line through an easy access panel. Adapt to changing fishing conditions by switching from the included stainless steel cable to a monofilament or braided line through an easy access panel. Spare spools are available (sold separately) to wind on your favorite line and make adapting to different conditions or species simple.
Positive ion control counter acts the adverse effects of negative ion emission from your boat. To combat the negative ions omitted by your boat, the Magnum 10 STX-TS incorporates a fixed positive ion control feature that sends positive ions into the downrigger cable. This effectively creates a fish magnet by generating energy attractive to fish.
Retrieve downrigger line quickly with a single push of a button and return your focus to landing the big one. With an Auto Up feature, the downrigger line can be reeled in at 250' per minute to clear the water around the boat to prevent entanglements that can lead to possibly breaking off a fish. A Short-Stop feature stops the weight at the waterline automatically to prevent it from damaging the hullsides. An integrated ball hook stores the downrigger cable when not in use.
Become more of a threat to fish by adding this effective weapon to your boat. Cannon Magnum 10 STX-TS downriggers let you concentrate on catching more fish by simplifying controlled depth fishing.
- Soft stop deployment to prevent shock loading weight and bait
- Fast one touch line retrieval stops weight at waterline to prevent hull damage
- Includes universal 360° low profile swivel base
- 24"—53" adjustable boom allow you to fine tune trolling spread
- Easy access panel for switching spools (sold separately) to adapt to changing conditions
- Digital LCD screen provides line depth
- Integrated dual axis rod holders
- Enclosed pulley prevents line for jumping and avoids tangles
- Lifetime limited warranty
- Type: Electric
- Mount Type: Mounting base with low profile swivel
- Material: Carbon fiber composite with stainless steel boom
- Capacity: 20 lbs.
- Retrieval Rate: 250' per minute Automatic
- Boom: Adjustable 24"—53"
- Depth Counter: Digital LCD screen
- Rod Holder(s): dual axis
- Positive Ion Control: Fixed 0.54V
- Included Equipment: Stainless steel spool with 250' 150 lb. test stainless steel cable
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.