GARMIN–GPSMAP® 79s Handheld GPS
Cast off confidently with the GPSMAP® 79s marine GPS handheld.
This rugged, floating handheld features a sunlight-readable, high-resolution color display that is fogproof and scratch-resistant. You get access to a range of satellite constellations, so you get more reliable, accurate tracking around the world. Navigate wherever your adventures take you with the worldwide basemap. With more memory than previous models, you can save and track 10,000 waypoints and 250 routes. Keep your bearings with the built-in compass.
- Rugged, floating, water-resistant (IPX6 — unit level only) handheld GPS with a high-resolution color display and scratch-resistant, fogproof glass
- Increased memory to save and track 10,000 waypoints, 250 routes and 300 fit activities
- Supports multiple satellite constellations (GPS, GLONASS, Beidou, Galileo, QZSS and SBAS) for reliable tracking around the world
- Includes worldwide basemap
- Built-in 3-axis tilt-compensated electronic compass shows heading while standing still
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.