NORTHSTAR BATTERY–Utra High Performance Group 24 Thin Plate Pure Lead AGM Battery
Utra High Performance Group 24 Thin Plate Pure Lead AGM Battery
|Group Size||Group 24|
|Best Use||Dual Purpose|
|Cold Cranking Amps||840 CCA|
|Dimensions||6 3/4" Width x 8 3/4" Height x 10 7/8" Length|
|Marine Cranking Amps||1010 MCA|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Three Years|
Upgrade your flooded battery with a Northstar high performance AGM
AGM (absorbed glass mat) batteries are great in both deep cycle and starting applications. They charge more quickly than conventional batteries, have low 3% monthly self-discharge rates and are maintenance-free—no need to add water. The spill-proof, valve-regulated design eliminates acid spills and terminal corrosion. AGM batteries are safer to operate than conventional flooded batteries, as the chance of explosion or acid spray is reduced which allow them to be installed in almost any location and any position (except upside-down).
Northstar AGM batteries build on the features noted above. They ensure easy installation with an exact OEM fit by building each case to exact BCI standards. These AGM’s are capable of cycling 900 times when discharged to 50% of their capacity. The durable heat resistant case combined with excellent vibration resistance will give you the confidence your battery will stand up to years of abuse in the marine environment. Most are offered with SAE posts and threaded terminal studs provide two ways to secure battery cables for a drop in and connect installation.
- Maintenance free; no water levels to check or terminals to clean
- Spill free; can be installed in most locations in any position (except upside-down)
- SAE and Threaded terminal studs allow installation without changing your boats battery cable terminals
- OEM fit is ensured; built to exact BCI standards
- Suitable as a staring battery or house bank battery
- Cycles over 900 times to 50% depth of discharge
- Faster recharge than conventional batteries
- Heat resistant case
- Exceptional vibration resistance to stand up to wave pounding or long dirt roads
- Made in the US
- Group Size: Group 24
- Terminal Type: SAE tapered posts
- Amp Hours (Ah): 76
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 840
- Marine Cranking Amps (MCA): 1010
- Reserve Minutes: 160
- Weight: 58 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10 7/8"L x6 3/4"W x 8 3/4"H
- Warranty: Three years
Core charge will apply to battery purchase if an old 12V battery is not exchanged at the time of purchase.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
ANCORPremium 2 AWG & 4 AWG Battery Cable Assemblies
$19.99 – $47.99