8' Blue Diamond Casting Combo with Cortez Reel
|Best Use||Pelagic Species|
|Drag Style||Star Drag|
|Number of Sections||2 Sections|
|Maximum Test - Mono||20 Pounds|
|Maximum Test - Braided||20 Pounds|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
Reliable and strong, this Combo from Okuma features their Cortez Reel and Blue Diamond Rod.
The patented Cortez Reel is stable and smooth offering precise alignment. Designed specifically to hold up to the demands of braided and wire line fishing, this reel is strong and durable. Featuring Okuma’s Mechanical Stabilizing System to stabilize and support the spool shaft eliminating flex under pressure. With an oversized, ergonomic knob for comfort and control, you will be able to haul in your catch with speed and power.
Factory matched with an extremely durable, carbon and glass blank mixture Blue Diamond Rod for ultimate strength and power. With EVA fore and rear grips for comfort, polished titanium oxide guide inserts, double footed stainless steel guide frames and a durable nonskid rubber gimbal, this rod takes your fishing game to new heights.
- Graphite frame and sideplates for corrosion-resistance
- Machined aluminum, anodized spool
- Multi-disc Carbonite drag system for smooth action
- Forged aluminum, anodized star
- Anodized aluminum swept handle reduces wobble while cranking
- 4BB+1RB stainless steel bearings
- Ergo grip handle know for added comfort
- Dual anti-reverse system (mechanical and roller bearing)
- Drop down gear box
- Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Mechanical stabilizing system for increased durability
- Self-lubricating gear system
Reel Technical Specifications
- Line Retrieve: 38" per crank
- Gear Ratio: 6.2:1
- Max Drag: 15lb.
- Ball Bearings: 4BB+1RB
- Weight: 14oz.
- 14 Pounds/410 Yards
- 18 Pounds/305 Yards
- 20 Pounds/270 Yards
- Extremely durable carbon and glass blank mixture for ultimate strength
- EVA fore and rear grips for comfort and durability
- Polished Titanium oxide guide inserts
- Double foot, stainless steel guide frames
- Cushioned stainless steel hooded reel seat
- Durable non-skid, rubber gimbals
- 2-pcs blank construction
Rod Technical Specifications
- Length: 8’
- Number of Pieces: 2
- Guide Type: Titanium
- Guides Including Tip: 10
- Action: Slow Medium
- Power: Medium
- Line Weight: 12-25lb.
- Gimbal: Rubber
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.