SEASTAR SOLUTIONS–BayStar Outboard Steering System
BayStar Outboard Steering System
3/4" Tapered Shaft; 5" Footprint
5" H x 6"D x 21"W Splashwell
|Horsepower||Up to 150 Horsepower|
|Warranty Details||Two Years Limited|
All-in-one hydraulic steering kit for outboards to 150hp
Controlling large outboards with mechanical steering can require lots of effort. The normal solution for this is to install hydraulic steering. However, traditional hydraulic systems may be more than is needed on lower horsepower engines. BayStar brings safety, reliability and the comfort of hydraulic steering to outboard-powered boats like inflatable RIBs and runabouts with outboards up to 150hp. Kit components include a super-low friction helm pump that provides smooth comfortable steering. The balanced cylinder features a compact design that easily fits most splashwells 23" or less. BayStar Steering Kits come complete with everything needed for installation, which is simplified by the cylinder which utilizes the factory-supplied outboard engine drag link. For your convenience two lengths of 20' cut-to-fit tubing are supplied (2 x 20' length). Kit includes Helm Pump, Cylinder, Tubing Kit, two bottles of hydraulic steering fluid and one fill tube for easy fill and purge.
- Boat Type: Single station, single engine boat with outboard up to 150HP. Not for lower-horsepower outboards that use wing nut type transom mount clamping screws
- Helm: 3/4" tapered shaft; 5" footprint; 4.5 turns lock to lock.
- Dash Cutout Required: 3"dia.
- Included Equipment: Helm pump HH4016, cylinder HC4645H, tubing kit (includes two 20' cut-to-fit hoses), filler kit and two bottles of hydraulic fluid
- Splashwell: 5"H x 6"D x 21"W minimum
- Warranty: Two years
- Steering wheel sold separately.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.