AP44 VRF Autopilot Pack High Capacity
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
This complete autopilot pack includes everything you need to upgrade an outboard- or sterndrive-powered boat up to 50' with a Simrad Continuum autopilot system.
Set your heading and access advanced pilot modes with the intuitive AP44 Autopilot Controller, featuring a 4.1" diagonal full color display and rotary control dial.
Designed for hydraulic-steered outboard and sterndrive vessels up to 50 ' in length, this high capacity pack also includes an RPU-160 hydraulic steering pump, NAC-3 autopilot computer, Precision-9 solid-state compass, plus all necessary NMEA 2000® cables and connectors.
The NAC Autopilot Computer is the brains behind your Simrad autopilot system. It contains the electronics needed to operate a hydraulic steering pump or mechanical drive unit, while also interfacing with other components including heading sensors and rudder feedback units.
The NAC-3 was designed for boats 35' or greater in length and is rated to operate high-current pumps, mechanical drive units, and solenoid valves (30 amps continuous, 50 amps peak).
- Reliable autopilot performance based on Simrad Continuum steering technology
- Recommended for boats up to 35' (10 meters) in length
- High-current output of 30 amps continuous, 50 amps
- Clutch output (3 amps maximum)
- No Drift steering holds your course against wind and tide (with optional GPS receiver)
- Virtual rudder feedback eliminates the need to install a separate rudder feedback unit aboard outboard and sterndrive boats
- Supports Simrad RF25 and RF300 rudder feedback units
- Includes the RPU-160 reversible hydraulic pump (for cylinder displacement of 160-550 cm3)
- Includes the high-current NAC-3 autopilot computer
- Includes the Precision-9 solid-state compass for accurate heading data that’s automatically fine-tuned as you travel
- Includes all required NMEA 2000 network connectors and cables
AP44 VRF Autopilot Pack High Capacity
|Connection Interface||NMEA 0183 and NMEA 2000|
|Drive Type||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Boat Displacement||
30000+ Depending on Drive Type
Suitable for Vessels Above 10 Meters/35 Feet in Length
|Warranty Details||Two Years IPX7 Waterproofing|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 5 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 5 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)