WEEMS & PLATH–CrewWatcher MOB System, Two Beacons
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
CrewWatcher MOB System, Two Beacons
|Battery Life||5 Years|
|Battery Storage Life||10 Years|
|Dimensions||1.5" Width x 3.25" Height x 1.5" Depth|
CrewWatcher is a smart system that constantly checks if everyone is still onboard using your phone and a small, waterproof beacon.
CrewWatcher is an app-based crew overboard alarm system that is the fastest way to rescue a person who is overboard. The system works like a virtual lifeline and is made up of two components: a smartphone application and a small beacon that can be comfortably worn by each crew member.
The beacon does not require complex manual activation. The alarm will trigger automatically in a Man Overboard (MOB) event. Should someone go overboard, the app, after sounding the alarm, will automatically provide lat/long coordinates of the MOB event, the time of the event, and will visually guide the rescuer using the virtual MOB compass.
- 30 times faster than AIS: Alarmed and ready to guide your rescue in three seconds; Intuitive rescue guidance, no input required
- For Everyone: Your spouse, your kids or even your dog; Equip the entire crew for the price of a single EPIRB
- Two beacons included; Smartphone or other mobile device not included
- Free app operates on most smartphones or tablets and is easy to use
- No cell service required
- Automatically updates with new features (both app and beacon)
- One smart device watches up to five crew members
- Activates with water immersion OR separation from vessel
- Rescue: Shows crew overboard bearing, plus distance and lat/long coordinates at point of loss
- Bearing adjusts as boat moves and "virtual MOB Compass" points to location
- Winner, 2017 Sail Magazine Pittmann Innovation Award
- Recommended for use with iPhone 5 and later, Samsung Galaxy S6 and later, Sony Z2 and later
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.