WEST MARINE–Group 24 Gel Deep Cycle Marine Gel Battery, 73 Amp Hours
Group 24 Gel Deep Cycle Marine Gel Battery, 73 Amp Hours
|Group Size||Group 24|
|Best Use||Deep Cycle|
|Cold Cranking Amps||410 CCA|
|Dimensions||6 3/4" Width x 9 7/9" Height x 10 7/8" Length|
|Marine Cranking Amps||575 MCA|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
Deep cycle gel batteries take your house bank or trolling motor to the next level
Gel batteries go beyond the conventions of traditional flooded and AGM batteries to provide a longer life and more durability. At a 1% monthly discharge rate, these batteries are able to tolerate long periods without being charged and still be ready for the water when you are. Our gel batteries will also stand up to being discharged for long periods of time and bounce back to full capacity when charged. By locking the electrolyte in a thixotropic gel the risk of vibration damage is nearly eliminated. Rough seas or long dirt roads are no match for gel batteries. Because there is no fluid, gel batteries can be installed in any position (except upside down); they are great for installations in hard to reach areas. Like Flooded and AGM batteries, Gel batteries require a specific charge profile. We recommend checking the specifications of your charger to confirm compatibility. If you want a battery that will stand up to marine use and so much more, our gel batteries are the answer.
Manufactured in the U.S. for West Marine by East Penn, one of the most reputable battery companies in the country. Each battery receives over 250 quality control checks to guarantee consistent and superior performance. East Penn’s award winning factory leads the industry in closed loop and sustainable practices. Nearly all of the plastics, lead and acid are recycled, so our batteries are great for your boat and the environment.
- Deep cycle batteries are designed to handle the power drains that other batteries cannot
- Ideal for trolling motors and house banks
- Superior vibration resistance
- Can be installed in multiple positions (except upside down)
- Suited for hard to reach locations
- Will charge to full capacity even if left discharged for long periods of time
- Will serve as an emergency start battery if CCA specification matches that of your engine
- Enhanced durability design to withstand wear of extended cycling service
- Gel encased electrolyte provides superior vibration resistance
- Safer to install and transport with no-spill design to prevent leaking acid
- Manufactured in the USA
- Group Size: Group 24
- Terminal Type: - Molded-in offset SAE post & vertical 5/16" NEG., 3/8" POS. stainless steel studs and hex nuts
- Amp Hours (Ah): 73
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 410
- Marine Cranking Amps (MCA): 575
- Reserve Minutes: 130
- Weight: 52 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10 7/8"L x 6 3/4"W x 9 7/8"H
- Warranty: 24-month free replacement
Core charge will apply to battery purchase if an old 12V battery is not exchanged at the time of purchase.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
ANCORPremium 2 AWG & 4 AWG Battery Cable Assemblies
$19.99 – $47.99