WEST MARINE–Marine Rx Epoxy Repair Kit, 2 oz.
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Marine Rx Epoxy Repair Kit, 2 oz.
Repair of Dings
Holes in Wood
All Metals and Most Plastics
|Cure Time||12 Hours (Pot Life: 1/2 Hour)|
|Type||Two-Part Epoxy Putty|
Tenacious putty for repairs above and below the waterline.
Gelcoat scrapes and dings that expose the fiberglass in the hull should be repair quickly to prevent moisture from entering the laminate. Our veratile Marine Rx Epoxy Repair Kit is ideal for tackling these types of repairs and so many more. This two part epoxy putty mixes easily by hand to form a spreadable putty what can be used to perform non-structural repairs on dry, de-waxed flat, vertical and inverted surfaces to seal fiberglass from water intrusion. Marine Rx has a 32-36 min pot life (shorter in temperatures above 70°F) and can be sanded, primed and painted in 18—24 hours. Being epoxy based, Marine Rx tenaciously adheres to wood, fiberglass and gelcoat (polyester and vinylester laminates), metal, ceramics, glass and most plastics. When repairing dock rash and minor dings use West Marine Marine Rx Epoxy to seal and protect the fiberglass from moisture.
- Epoxy based waterproof putty
- Can be used above and below waterline
- Sandable and paintable
- Compatible with wood, fiberglass, metals, ceramics, glass, and most plastics
- Ideal for repairing dings, scrapes, and small holes
- Two part putty can be mixed in batches to complete several repairs
- 32—36 minute working time, cures in 18—24 hours
- Resists oils and solvents (when cured)
- White color
- 2 oz. (a little less than golf ball sized amount of mixed putty)
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.