Men's Scull Jacket
Which features make our paddling jacket such an obvious choice?
Waterproof. Breathable. Windproof. Lightweight. Articulated. (We could go on.)
It used to be protection from rain while you were paddling meant you wore a heavy vinyl poncho that more closely resembled a tent than a jacket, acted like a sail in the wind and left you feeling as sweaty as an 80s aerobics video underneath. It's a wonder anyone ever paddled in the rain. Our Men's Scull Jacket was designed to not only protect you from wind and rain, but to ensure your ultimate comfort along the way.
This lightweight jacket features two-layer construction: a nylon shell layer with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) coating to make water just bead up and run off is bonded to a waterproof, breathable laminate layer with a thin nylon backing. There isn't a lining so you can easily slip your Scull Jacket on over mid-layer clothing without binding. All the seams are also taped to seal out moisture trying to squeeze through their tiny openings. Hook-and-loop wrist adjusters and Dartex trim improve the seal needed to stop water intrusion up your sleeves.
The attached hood is articulated (jointed) so it won't impede your vision as you move your head and includes one-handed shock cord adjusters so you won't miss a stroke cinching it down tight when the wind kicks up. Speaking of articulated, the elbows are also cut just right so you'll enjoy a full range of motion without your jacket getting in your way. The hem is longer in the back than the front to help keep you covered as you stretch forward paddling or grabbing gear from the deck in front of you. You'll also find mesh-lined hand warmer pockets, a chest pocket and even a lower arm pocket, all with water-resistant zippers to stash essentials securely. Finally, reflective trim details provide extra visibility in low-light situations. 100% nylon with polyurethane coating. Imported.
- Waterproof, windproof and breathable performance
- 100% seam taped
- Water-resistant center front zipper
- Hook-and-loop external wrist adjusters with Dartex trim for sealing
- Attached hood with one-handed shock cord adjusters
- Hood articulated for increased comfort and vision
- Articulated elbows for range of motion and reduced windage
- Differential hem with shock cord adjustment
- Unlined to reduce weight, speed up drying time and reduce binding
Convenience & Safety Features
- Two welded, water-resistant hand warmer hip pockets with zippers
- Chest pocket with water-resistant zipper
- Hip and chest pockets are mesh lined for ventilation
- Zippered lower arm pocket
- Reflective trim details for safety in low-light situations
Men's Scull Jacket
|Care||Machine Wash Cold Gentle/Hang Dry Only; No Heat|
|Sleeve Length||Long Sleeve|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).