Men's Third Reef 3L Bibs
How sure are we that this latest generation of our best-selling coastal and inshore bibs is the perfect complement to our Third Reef 3L Jacket?
Pretty sure. Like willing to bet the farm sure.
You loved our previous generation foulies. In fact, you made Third Reef the world's best-selling foul weather gear. So why go and change them? Because we wanted our bibs to have a feature set that would keep you dry and comfortable all day and make you wonder how you ever got along without them. (We're also quite competitive.)
So what are we most excited about with our Third Reef 3L Bibs? Those two new characters in the name—3L. No, that isn't a size designation. 3L actually stands for Three Layers. Is that a big deal? We think so. Three layer technology takes Third Reef 3L Bibs to a whole new level of waterproof, windproof and breathable performance. First, a nylon outer layer with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish causes rain and spray to just bead up and run off, plus it’s windproof to ward off body temperature-robbing wind. That layer is bonded to a waterproof, breathable laminated layer that does double duty by preventing water from entering from the outside, while also moving water vapor (perspiration) from inside the bibs to the outer layer where it can evaporate. In fact, this is our most breathable pair of bibs yet. You'll stay even more comfortable as your activity level increases. This layer is then bonded to a nylon tricot layer that provides benefits not found in two layer bibs. It increases breathability, allows for quick drying and offers a significant reduction in weight.
Another feature we've added (or more accurately, removed) is the lining. There isn't one. By being unlined, the Third Reef 3L Bibs dry quicker, are lighter weight and won't bind uncomfortably when you pull them on over mid-layer clothing when the temperature drops. Since there isn't a lining, you can get a good look at the inside seams that are all taped and sealed to keep water from getting through these common points of entry. We also added nylon reinforcement patches in areas that typically take more abuse, like the seat, knees and back ankle hem.
The knees are articulated (a fancy word for hinged or jointed) so your bibs will give you total range of motion, move with you and help prevent that annoying effect when the wind tries to turn them into a sail. External hook-and-loop adjusters let you snug the ankle cuffs up tight to keep water from sneaking up your legs. You'll find an internal gusset that channels rain and spray away from the center-front zipper. Two chest hand warmer pockets with water-resistant zippers are located up high for extra protection. A quick-access leg pocket with a hook-and-loop closure stands ready to hold tools, a pair of gloves or a waterproof map within easy reach.
But wait! There's more. These bibs have been designed to fit better as well. The shoulder straps are wide, infinitely adjustable and feature D-ring fasteners that are easy to attach and release as conditions dictate. And finally, reflective trim adds 360° visibility for added safety in low-light situations. 100% nylon. Imported.
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish repels rain and spray
- Waterproof laminated layer stops water from outside, wicks water from inside
- Nylon shell fabric is bluesign® approved
- Seams 100% taped and sealed to stop water intrusion
- Internal gusset channels spray away from the water-resistant center front zipper
- External hook-and-loop ankle adjusters
- Windproof to ward off body temperature-robbing wind
- Breathable to keep you comfortable as your activity level increases
- Unlined to speed up drying time and prevent mid-layer binding
- Wide, adjustable shoulder straps with D-ring fasteners
- Articulated knees for total range of motion
- Nylon reinforcement patches at seat, knees, back ankle hem
Convenience & Safety Features
- Chest hand warmer pockets with water-resistant zippers
- Cargo pocket on leg with hook-and-loop closure
- 360° reflective trim for extra visibility in low-light situations
Men's Third Reef 3L Bibs
|Care||Machine Wash Cold Gentle/Hang Dry Only; No Heat|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
No Hassle Returns
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)