WEST MARINE–Shut-Off Valves
Forged brass inline shut-off valve that satisfies ABYC and USCG regulations
Being able to stop fuel flow can prevent a dangerous situation from becoming an emergency. ABYC standards require a fuel shut-off valve to be installed at the tank to pass their H-24 fire test. The USCG uses a similar test and also requires an anti-siphon or shut-off valve be installed at the tank pickup for tanks installed above the engine fuel inlet (carburetor or injectors). Our forged brass shut off valves meet both requirements. These inline valves are offered in several configurations with male and female 1/4" NPT ports to match most common installations. Valves can be opened and slowed in a quarter turn. We recommend the use of a fuel resistant thread seal for the best possible seal.
- Complies with ABYC standards for H-24 fire tests
- Satisfies USCG anti-siphon requirements for fuel tanks installed above engine carburetor or injectors
- Forged brass to stand up to marine environment
- 1/4 turn to open or close
- Available in several configurations to match existing fuel system plumbing
- Ports: 1/4" NPT male, 1/4" NPT female
- Material: Brass
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.