WEST MARINE–Universal Sprayless Fuel Connector for Outboard Motors
Universal Sprayless Fuel Connector for Outboard Motors
|Type||Fuel Tank Connectors|
Combat spray caused by pressurized fuel tanks.
New EPA regulated vent-less fuel systems are great for the environment and prevent fuel loss due to evaporation. However, they allow pressure to build up in the tank and present a challenge to connecting and disconnecting fuel lines. Our universal sprayless connectors are designed to eliminate possible fuel spray caused by this added pressure. Integrated check valves in both male and female ends instantly close when separated to prevent fuel leakage. The molded UV resistant plastic fittings are compatible with ethanol blended fuels and provide a secure connection and seal. The tank fitting has 1/4" NPT threads with thread sealant already applied. 5/16" and 3/8" female fittings (fuel line side) are included and feature a locking mechanism to secure the connection and maintain the seal; both offer aggressive barbs to connect to existing fuel line. To wipe out fuel spray while connecting a portable tank, look to West Marine and a universal sprayless connector set as the solution.
- EPA Compliant
- Prevents spray during connection caused by pressurized fuel tanks
- UV stable molded plastic construction
- Male (tank side) fitting comes pre-wrapped with thread sealant for quick installation
- Locking mechanism on female end secures connection and maintains seal
- Includes fittings for both 5/16" and 3/8" fuel lines
- All components are compatible with ethanol blended fuels
- Two-year warranty
- Tank Fitting Threads: 1/4"NPT
- Hose Fitting Size: 5/16" and 3/8"
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.