Women's Third Reef 3L Bibs
Okay, so what possessed us to update our already best-selling coastal and inshore bibs?
To perfectly complement our Third Reef 3L Jacket, of course.
We know you loved our previous generation foulies. You proved that when you made Third Reef the world's best-selling foul weather gear. Was that a risky decision changing them? Hardly. These bibs have a feature set that will not only keep you dry and comfortable all day in harsh conditions, you'll soon wonder how you ever got along without them.
So what are we most excited about with our Third Reef 3L Bibs? Those two new characters in the name—3L. No, that isn't a size designation. 3L actually stands for Three Layers. Is that a big deal? We think so. Three layer technology takes Third Reef 3L Bibs to a whole new level of waterproof, windproof and breathable performance. First, a nylon outer layer with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish causes rain and spray to just bead up and run off, plus it’s windproof to ward off body temperature-robbing wind. That layer is bonded to a waterproof, breathable laminated layer that does double duty by preventing water from entering from the outside, while also moving water vapor (perspiration) from inside the bibs to the outer layer where it can evaporate. In fact, this is our most breathable pair of bibs yet. You'll stay even more comfortable as your activity level increases. This layer is then bonded to a nylon tricot layer that provides benefits not found in two layer bibs. It increases breathability, allows for quick drying and offers a significant reduction in weight.
Another feature we've added (or more accurately, removed) is the lining. There isn't one. By being unlined, the Third Reef 3L Bibs dry quicker, are lighter weight and won't bind uncomfortably when you pull them on over mid-layer clothing when the temperature drops. Since there isn't a lining, you can get a good look at the inside seams that are all taped and sealed to keep water from getting through these common points of entry. We also added nylon reinforcement patches in areas that typically take more abuse, like the seat, knees and back ankle hem.
One of the most popular features on our Women's Third Reef 3L Bibs continues to be the drop seat which allows you to take care of personal matters without having to entirely remove the bibs. Just unsnap the side closures, unzip the two water-resistant side zippers and fold the seat down. Then simply reverse the process to return your bibs to their water- and windproof state.
The knees are articulated (a fancy word for hinged or jointed) so your bibs will give you total range of motion, move with you and help prevent that annoying effect when the wind tries to turn them into a sail. External hook-and-loop adjusters let you snug the ankle cuffs up tight to keep water from sneaking up your legs. Two chest hand warmer pockets with water-resistant zippers are located up high so your hands are more protected. A quick-access leg pocket with a hook-and-loop closure stands ready to hold tools, a pair of gloves or a waterproof map within easy reach.
But wait! There's more. These bibs have been designed to fit better as well. The shoulder straps are wide, infinitely adjustable and feature D-ring fasteners that are easy to attach and release as conditions dictate. And finally, reflective trim adds 360° visibility for added safety in low-light situations. 100% nylon. Imported.
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish repels rain and spray
- Waterproof laminated layer stops water from outside, wicks water from inside
- Nylon shell fabric is bluesign® approved
- Seams 100% taped and sealed to stop water intrusion
- External hook-and-loop ankle adjusters
- Windproof to ward off body temperature-robbing wind
- Breathable to keep you comfortable as your activity level increases
- Unlined to speed up drying time and prevent mid-layer binding
- Wide, adjustable shoulder straps with D-ring fasteners
- Articulated knees for total range of motion
- Nylon reinforcement patches at seat, knees, back ankle hem
Convenience & Safety Features
- Popular drop seat with water-resistant side zippers
- Chest hand warmer pockets with water-resistant zippers
- Cargo pocket on leg with hook-and-loop closure
- 360° reflective trim for extra visibility in low-light situations
Women's Third Reef 3L Bibs
|Care||Machine Wash Cold Gentle/Hang Dry Only/No Heat|
|Material||100% Nylon with Polyurethane Backing|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).