Flax packing built to withstand high heat and reduce friction.
PTFE Flax Shaft Packing is braided from flax rovings and is then impregnated with PTFE lubricant. The combination of the quality flax and the PTFE lubricant provides a packing that has a higher performance level than conventional packings. Packaged in 2' lengths.
- Protects propeller shafts and prevents the bilge from filling with water
- Dissipates heat away from the stuffing box
- PTFE flax packing is braided from flax roving
- Thermal conductive material allows the propeller shaft to run cooler and efficiently
- Will not scar, bind, freeze or contribute to misalignment of shaft
- Resistant to frictional heat
- Braided from quality flax roving