Freedom HFS Inverter/Charger, 1000W, 120 VAC with 55A/12V Charger & Remote Panel
|Amperage Draw at Rest||4mA|
|Multi Bank Chargers||1 Bank|
|Output Waveform||Pure Sine Wave|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
1000 Watts Continuous
2000 Watts Peak
Pure sine wave AC from an inverter/charger packed with features and straight forward to install.
The improved Freedom HFS inverter/chargers have added features that make them an ideal solution for customized installations. This pure sine inverter charger is compatible with sensitive electronics and microprocessor controlled appliances. A three stage charger safely and efficiently restores battery charge and extends battery life. Quick connect terminals, programmable battery management and removable display make installation and set-up easier.
An ignition lock-out feature links the inverter to the ignition key to minimize battery drain when ignition is off. Installation is made easier by quick connect AC and DC terminals that eliminate the need for cable relief. Users and installers have the option to hardwire the inverter into the AC system or utilize the integrated GFCI outlet.
The pure sine wave AC power converted from the DC battery bank is compatible all AC loads including electronics and sensitive appliances. An automatic transfer switch is built in to transfer AC loads to shore power when AC current is detected. A detachable display with 25' cable can be installed remotely for added convenience.
The automatic three stage charger with programmable Smart Batter Management logic extends battery life by using a microprocessor to efficiently and safely restore the battery’s charge. Different selectable charge profiles are available to tailor the charge to flooded, AGM or Gel batteries. Users can modify delivered amperage to closely match battery manufacturer charging specifications.
Built in safety features protect the batteries from over-voltage while charging and under voltage while using the inverter (inverter will shut down to prevent discharging batteries below safe levels). An over-temperature shutdown and overload protection prevent unwanted damage to the inverter or charger in the events of power surges or use in extreme temperatures. AC loads have short circuit protection and features ground-fault protection.
1000W capacity is ideal for smaller boats with small to moderate AC loads. Boaters will enjoy the use of small microwaves, power tools, appliances and sensitive electronics, but will have to use caution not to overload the inverter’s capacity. A 2000W surge capacity allows spikes in demand caused by motor start-ups without tripping a breaker or blowing a fuse.
- Compact inverter/charger with programmable features
- Ignition lock out feature minimizes battery drain when ignition is switched OFF
- Quick-connect AC and DC terminals eliminate need for cable relief and make installation easier
- Pure (true) sine wave AC power is compatible sensitive electronics and appliances
- Automatic three stage charging to efficiently and safely restore battery charge while extending battery life
- Programmable Smart Batter Management logic allows charging input amperage to be adjust to more closely match battery manufacturer requirements.
- Detachable display with 25' cable for remote operation
- Can be hardwired to AC system
- Integrated 120V GFCI outlet
- Under voltage protection to prevent damage to battery
- Ideal for small to moderate AC demands.
- For more detailed information please review the owner’s manual, installation guide, or data sheet linked below
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.