Select Styles for Availability
Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Like the apex predators they're named after, these sunglasses are fearless when it comes to seeking out prey.
Unless you're at the top of the food chain, the last thing you want to see is a pair Costa Whitetip Polarized Sunglasses on the other end of a fishing line. Even the vent holes next to the lenses convey their aggressive stance. Everything about these sunglasses is focused on improving your view on and around the water. They're extremely durable and reliable thanks to their heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames made with resin from the castor plant. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580G Lightwave glass lenses ensure reflective glare and eye strain are minimized or eliminated altogether. The Hydrolite nose and temple pads will keep them firmly on your face should the battle heat up. Blue mirrored lenses are the way to go for offshore use with bright, full sun on open reflective water. Green mirrored lenses enhance your vision and provide high contrast for sight fishing in full sun inshore and on the flats.
580G Lightwave Glass Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Superior clarity
- 20% thinner and 22% lighter than average polarized glass
- Encapsulated mirrors between the layers of glass are scratch-proof
- Mirrored lenses deliver superior contrast and color while enhancing visual acuity
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Vented front helps keep things clear
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose and temple pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, stainless steel cam action pin hinges keep their shape
- Comfortable medium fit
- 580G Lightwave glass polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
Use this list as a guide to fine tune your own personal gear checklist for a safe and enjoyable time on the water.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 10/4/2019
Read this article and watch the included video for a leg up on selecting the right sunglasses for you.
By Tom Burden and Tom Farmer, Last updated: 5/29/2020