Select Styles for Availability
Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
They may be small and lightweight, but these sunglasses are tough and ready to protect your eyes from reflective glare on the water.
Riverton is New Zealand’s oldest permanent settlement in Southland. This eclectic seaside town, known for surfing and fishing, dates back more than 175 years. Like their namesake, Costa's Riverton Polarized Sunglasses are small, but highly durable. Their lightweight TR-90 nylon frames are made with resin from the castor plant. This bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin, helping to reduce the overall carbon footprint. Reflective glare and eye strain is minimized or eliminated altogether with their 100% polarized, scratch-resistant 580P polycarbonate lenses. Comfortable Hydrolite nose and temple pads and integrated spring hinges keep them securely on your face. Although, if you want to be extra sure they don't end up taking a plunge, a neoprene retainer or leash (sold separately) is inexpensive insurance.
580P Polycarbonate Lenses
- Polarized to eliminate reflective glare and reduce eye strain
- Lightweight, yet durable
- Impact resistant
- C-Wall® scratch-resistant, smudge-free barrier
- 100% protection from UV light
- Absorbs harmful high-energy blue light (HEV)
- Cuts haze and blur for greater clarity
- Filters out harsh yellow light
- Enhances reds, greens and blues
- Sharp contrast with high definition
TR-90 Nylon Frames
- Castor oil is used to make the bio-based plastic resin
- Bio-based resin offers a 70% reduction in emissions over petroleum-based resin
- Reduced overall carbon footprint
- Flexible, yet tough and durable
- Hold their shape under harsh conditions
- Resistant to heat and cold
- Hydrolite hypoallergenic rubber nose and temple pads prevent slipping
- Corrosion-resistant, integrated stainless steel spring hinges keep their shape
- Women's small fit
- 580P polycarbonate polarized lenses
- Heavy-duty TR-90 nylon frames
- Includes hard case and cleaning cloth
- Prescription ready
- Limited lifetime warranty
Use this list as a guide to fine tune your own personal gear checklist for a safe and enjoyable time on the water.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 10/4/2019
Read this article and watch the included video for a leg up on selecting the right sunglasses for you.
By Tom Burden and Tom Farmer, Last updated: 5/29/2020