Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
With a fierce look and core of excellence, anglers are ready for action with a perfectly matched Ceymar 40 Reel and SST Spinning Rod Combo.
Make a statement with this bold and stunningly engineered combo from Okuma. Delivering an ultra-lightweight design with a dynamic ported spool and rotor, the Ceymar Reel meets the demands and high expectations of serious anglers. Featuring a multi-disc, oiled-felt drag system and an 8-bearing system for a balanced, smooth action while the narrow, Blade Body design reduces user fatigue. Additionally, the machined aluminum spool, forged aluminum handle, and ergonomic EVA knob handle complete the foundation for a flawless spinning reel.
Rounding out this striking combo is Okuma’s SST spinning rod – created to stoke your passion for fishing. Providing a premium foundation, the SST is constructed from IM-8 graphite for strength and durability. Other features include durable stainless steel guide frames, braid-ready Zirconium inserts, custom reel seats, premium grips and a gorgeous metallic copper finish. Versatile and easy-to-use, Okuma’s Ceymar SST Reel and Rod Combo creating a pleasurable cast and optimal fishing experience.
- Multi-disc, oiled felt drag system for smooth action
- Graphite spools, frame, and sideplates for corrosion resistance
- 7 BB + 1RB for ultimate smoothness
- Quick-set anti-reverse roller bearing
- Precision machine cut brass pinion gear
- Rigid, forged aluminum, black anodized handle design
- Lightweight, EVA handle knobs for comfort
- Precision elliptical gearing system
- Machined aluminum, 2-tone anodized spool
- Heavy duty, solid aluminum bail wire
- RESII: Computer balanced Rotor Equalizing System
- Narrow “Blade Body” design for reduced fatigue
Reel Technical Specifications
- Line Retrieve: 29" per crank
- Gear Ratio: 5.0:1
- Max Drag: 15lb.
- Ball Bearings: 7BB+1RB
- Weight: 10oz.
- 8 Pounds/270 Yards
- 10 Pounds/190 Yards
- 12 Pounds/170 Yards
- Steelhead spin specific rod action
- Sensitive IM-8 graphite rod blank construction
- Durable stainless steel guide frames
- Zirconium guide inserts reduce friction from braided lines
- Pipe reel seat with IM-6 graphite insert
- Premium fore and rear grips
- Integrated compressed cork butt cap with non-skid surface
- Stainless steel hook keeper
Rod Technical Specifications
- Length: 9’6”
- Number of Pieces: 2
- Guide Type: Stainless Steel
- Guides Including Tip: 11
- Action: Medium Light
- Power: Medium Fast
- Line Weight: 6-12lb.
This article will help you select a combo based on where you will fish, the type of reel you prefer and the fish you want to catch.
By West Marine Staff, Last updated: 11/2/2021
Don't know anything about fishing reels? This broad overview will help you to select a reel for the type of fish you want to catch.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 11/2/2021
This article introduces “fishing newbies” to the different types of fishing rods and discusses what to consider to make the right choice.
By Brian Gordon, Last updated: 6/3/2020
This discussion focuses on the advantages and disadvantages of spinning reels and what to consider when making a choice.
By Brian Vanderlaan, Last Updated: 5/15/2022