Select Styles for Availability
Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
The latest generation of our best-selling coastal and inshore foul weather gear is now lighter, more windproof AND more breathable.
We get it. You loved the previous generation. In fact, you made Third Reef the world's best-selling foul weather gear. Why change it? As a boater (and let's face it, we're all boaters here), you're always wondering what's just beyond that next buoy, around the next point. These foulies represent that drive to not just get there, but to enjoy the journey. If we can help make your water adventures even better, the question isn't why, but why not.
So what are we most excited about with the Third Reef 3L Jacket? Those two new characters in the name—3L. Not a marketing gimic to make them sound like a special edition, 3L actually stands for Three Layers. Is that a big deal? We think so. Three layer technology takes Third Reef 3L Jackets to a whole new level of lightweight, windproof and breathable performance. First, a nylon outer layer with a Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish causes rain and spray to just bead up and run off, plus it’s windproof to ward off body temperature-robbing wind. That layer is bonded to a water-resistant, breathable laminated layer that does double duty by resisting water from the outside, while also moving water vapor (perspiration) from inside the jacket to the outer layer where it can evaporate. In fact, this is our most breathable jacket yet. You'll stay more comfortable as your activity level increases. This layer is then bonded to a nylon tricot layer that provides benefits not found in two layer jackets. It increases breathability, allows for quick drying and offers a significant reduction in weight.
Another feature we've added (or more accurately, removed) is the lining. There isn't one. By being unlined, the Third Reef 3L Jacket dries quicker, is lighter weight and won't bind uncomfortably when you pull it on over mid-layer clothing like a fleece shirt when the temperature drops. Since there isn't a lining, you can get a good look at the inside seams that are all taped and sealed to help resist water from getting in through these common points of entry. We also added a nylon seat reinforcement because, let's face it, this is an area that needs extra durability unless you aren't planning on sitting or leaning against anything. The hem features a differential cut so the back is a little bit longer than the front. This keeps more of you protected when you bend over. Shock cord adjusters let you draw the hem tight across the bottom to keep wind and water out.
Ever have one of those hoods that faces forward even when you've turned your head to look to the side? Not this hood. It's articulated (a fancy word for hinged or jointed) so it moves where your head moves. It's adjustable with one hand via shock cords so you can cinch it tight without taking your other hand off the helm. It's bright yellow so your most vulnerable body part is highly visible, whether you're scrambling across the deck or floating past in your inflated life jacket as you wait to get rescued. And it folds neatly into the high cut collar so it's there when you need it and out of the way when you don't.
The adjustable cuffs are designed to keep water from sneaking inside through your sleeves. The combination of an inner Dartex storm cuff and an external hook-and-loop wrist adjuster effectively blocks this path of least resistance. You'll find the adjustable storm guard and drainage channel will also prevent spray from seeping through the center-front zipper. The two-way zipper pulls allow you to unzip your Third Reef 3L Jacket from the bottom for greater comfort while sitting or to gain access to the pockets on your bibs. And speaking of pockets...there are two chest pockets with water-resistant zippers, two cargo pockets with hook-and-loop closures, two side-entry hand warmer pockets and an internal zippered pocket to secure valuables.
But wait! There's more. This jacket has been designed to fit better as well. Articulating (there's that word again) elbows allow for total range of motion so you aren't hindered as you tie a clove hitch or scan the horizon with your binos. A hidden back waist adjuster takes up the slack so your jacket doesn't just hang on you and catch the wind like a sail. And finally, reflective trim adds 360° visibility for added safety in low-light situations. 100% nylon. Imported.
- Durable Water Repellent (DWR) finish repels rain and spray
- Water-resistant laminated layer helps resist water from outside, wicks water from inside
- Nylon shell fabric is bluesign® approved
- Water-resistant taped seams
- Adjustable front storm guard keeps water out
- Water-resistant center front zipper with drainage channel
- Internal Dartex storm cuffs seal out water
- External hook-and-loop wrist adjusters
- Windproof to ward off body temperature-robbing wind
- Breathable to keep you comfortable as your activity level increases
- Unlined to speed up drying time and prevent mid-layer binding
- Attached, fold-away hood with one-handed shock cord adjustment
- Articulated hood moves with your head for better visibility
- High-cut collar with mesh lining doesn't retain water
- Articulated elbows for total range of motion
- Two-way center front zipper unzips from the bottom for sitting down
- Back waist adjuster for a better fit
- Differential hem with shock cord adjustment
- Nylon seat reinforcement for extra durability
- Chest pockets with water-resistant zippers
- Cargo pockets with hook-and-loop closures
- Side-entry hand warmer pockets
- Internal zippered pocket to stow valuables
- Highly-visible, bright yellow hood makes you easier to spot on deck or in the water
- 360° reflective trim for extra visibility in low-light situations