3M–4000 UV Polyether Adhesive Sealant, Black, 10 oz. Cartridge
4000 UV Polyether Adhesive Sealant, Black, 10 oz. Cartridge
|Best Use||Teak Deck Caulking|
|Capacity||10 Ounce Cartridge|
2 Hours Tack-Free
24 Hours Full Cure
This versatile adhesive/sealant can be used for a wide variety of bedding, caulking and sealing tasks onboard.
3M™ Marine Adhesive Sealant 4000 UV is a one-component, medium-strength, moisture-curing, gap-filling sealant that cures to form a firm, flexible and waterproof seal on aluminum, wood, gel coat and fiberglass. Ideal for above and below waterline applications where aesthetic appeal is a priority. Seals between mechanically fastened joints on wood, fiberglass, metal and most plastics. Applications include sealing deck to hull joints, thru-hull fittings, window and door frames, etc. It is also paintable and offers excellent UV resistance.
- Paintable immediately after application
- Excellent UV resistance for reliable long term performance
- For use on wood, fiberglass, metal and plastics
- Sealant cures to form a firm, flexible waterproof seal
- Flexibility allows for the dissipation of stress caused by shock, vibration, swelling or shrinking
- Formulation: One-part polyether adhesive/sealant
- Recommended Usage: Sealing deck hardware
- Cure Time: Tack free: 2hrs; Complete cure: 24hrs
- Cleanup: Mineral spirits or kerosene
- Removal: Mechanical removal
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.