Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl
Sewing heavy material by hand is a snap with the Speedy Stitcher, since 1909.
Sew any heavy material with the Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl. It’s a helpful hand tool to have around the boat, house, farm, workshop or any place where leather, canvas or vinyl has to be sewn or repaired.
With a little practice, this hardwood-handled awl sews a perfect lock stitch every time—just like a sewing machine. The Speedy Stitcher was originally patented in 1909 by Francis Stewart of Central Massachusetts, and it has remained in constant demand for over a century.
The Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl is a tool used by professionals and do-it yourselfers such as leather crafters, sailors, boaters, horse lovers, outdoor enthusiasts, athletes and coaches, just to mention a few.
- Every Speedy Stitcher is made in the USA
- Includes signature high-tensile waxed thread and custom-made diamond point needles
- With a little practice, it sews a perfect lock stitch every time - just like a sewing machine.
- Uses including assembly and repair of leather goods, canvas tarps, climbing and camping gear, saddlery and tack items, athletic equipment, even shoes and belts
- Kit includes awl, straight needle, curved needle, bobbin of coarse thread, 30yd. skein of waxed thread and easy-to-follow instructions.
Speedy Stitcher Sewing Awl
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).