FORESPAR–Tri-Reacher™ Whisker Pole, UXP/UXP Ends
Truck Freight Information
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Tri-Reacher™ Whisker Pole, UXP/UXP Ends
Tri-Reacher™ is a three-part telescoping aluminum whisker pole for large free-flying asymmetrical and gennaker sails.
Tri-Reacher™ is for those sailors who thought they didn’t want a downwind pole. It’s a three-part, telescoping, aluminum whisker pole that has been developed specifically for large, free-flying, asymmetrical and gennaker sails.
Use of a whisker pole with these sails will allow deeper sailing angles and eliminate the need for constant jibing downwind. On long downwind legs, the additional rigging of fore and after-guys (attached to the outboard end) will further stabilize the pole. This will also allow emergency furling of the headsail without the need to go forward and deal with the pole first. This helps greatly when sailing at night or short-handed.
Tri-Reacher™ is typically used on boats 35'-42' LOA.
- Telescopes to almost 21': The Tri-Reacher™ pole telescopes from 8'8" to 20'8" and can be used with traditional movable mast toggle cars or the Fixed Toggle Mount Bracket.
- UXP end fittings: The inboard end is Forespar’s UXP piston style. The outboard end is also their UXP style.
- Order mast fittings separately: UXP style inboard end fits Forespar's RC-125 Ring Car (Model 190918, Forespar# 331000) or FC-125 (Model 546036, Forespar# 332002) mast car and 332025 Fixed Toggle Mount Bracket (Model 14081350). The Fixed Toggle Mount Bracket is mounted permanently to the mast with ten 1/4" fasteners to offer a simple fixed pole attachment point on the mast.
- Pole Length: 8'8" to 20'8"
- Pole Diameter: 3", OD: 2 7/8 and 2 1/2"
- End Fittings: UXP Outboard and Inboard
- Recommended Mast Fitting: RC-125, FC-125 Mast Cars and 33025 Fixed Mast Mounts
- Note: Attachment to outer end is with end fittings jaw facing down (never attempt to adjust while under load).
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.