GPSMAP 742xs Chartplotter/Sonar Combo with U.S. BlueChart g2 HD and LakeVu HD Charts
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Full chartplotting capability, built-in Garmin CHIRP and CHIRP ClearVü sonar and much more in this 7” diagonal combo.
Experience an advanced navigation solution with the compact GPSMAP® 742xs combo, with a sunlight-readable multi-touch touchscreen display. With built-in wireless connectivity for Garmin mobile apps and VIRB® action camera integration, you can stay connected to the newest media. Its 10Hz GPS/GLONASS receiver delivers smooth on-screen navigation.
This compact plotter offers full-network compatibility for the Garmin Marine Network, which allows support for sharing sonar, maps, user data, radar, IP cameras and Panoptix all-seeing sonar among multiple units. Plus, there’s NMEA 2000 and NMEA 0183 support for autopilots, digital switching, weather, VHF, AIS and other sensors.
Anglers, cruisers and sailors alike will benefit from the built-in 1kW traditional CHIRP sonar and CHIRP ClearVü scanning sonar capability (transducer sold separately) for a near-picture quality view of what’s beneath the boat. Preloaded premium mapping features both coastal and inland mapping, including both BlueChart® g2 HD charts for the US, Canada and Bahamas and LakeVü HD maps.
- 7” high-resolution display with intuitive touchscreen controls.
- NMEA 2000 and NMEA 1083 support for network connectivity including autopilots, digital switching, weather, FUSION-Link, VHS, AIS and more
- LakeVü HD provides highly detailed freshwater charts that include more than 17,000 U.S. lakes, rivers and reservoirs and 13,000 HD lakes with 1’ contours shoreline to shoreline
- Heading and position are refreshed 10 times per second thanks to the built-in 10 Hz GPS and GLONASS receiver
- You can load up to 5,000 accurate waypoints and find them easily
- BlueChart g2 HD provides basic coastal charts, tidal stations, currents, depth contours, IALA symbols and it even includes fishing charts
- The GPSMap 742xs includes expandable memory to accommodate options including BlueChart® g2 Vision® HD, which adds Auto Guidance and other features
- You can instantly create personalized HD fishing charts on-screen with 1’ contours. You can keep them all to yourself or share them with the Quickdraw Community on Garmin ConnectTM
- Built-in SailAssist is a pre-race guidance page that shows your virtual starting line as well as data fields showing laylines, time until start and a race timer that can be synchronized across the NMEA 2000 onboard network
- Other sailing features include an enhanced wind rose, heading and course-over-ground lines, set and drift, true and apparent wind data
- GPX Waypoints Transfer makes it easy to transfer waypoints from another device to your new Garmin chartplotter
What’s in the Box
- GPSMap 742xs
- Power cable
- Bail mount kit with knobs
- Flush mount kit with gasket
- Protective Cover
- Trim piece snap covers
- Display Type: Multi-touch touchscreen WSVGA
- Screen Size: 7" diagonal
- Screen Resolution: 800 x 480
- Included Cartography: BlueChart® g2 HD coastal/LakeVu HD inland
- Receiver Type: Internal 10Hz GPS/GLONASS
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 0183/2000, Garmin Marine Network; compatible with Garmin radar, gWind wireless instruments, GSDTM Black Box sonar, VIRB® cameras
- Sonar Frequency: Traditional sonar (50/77/83/200kHz), CHIRP (low, medium, high), CHIRP ClearVü (260/455/800kHz)
- Transmit Power: 1kW traditional; 1kW single channel CHIRP
- Max. Depth: 5,000'
- Transducer: Sold separately
- Dimensions: 8 13/16"W x 5 5/8"H x 2 1/8"D
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
This product operates best with these select transducers, which are sold separately. Depending on the style of the transducer, you'll get depth, speed and/or temperature readings. To complete your installation, order one of the following transducers:
|Transducer Type: CHIRP||Reading(s)||Transmit Power||Max. Depth||Material||Model|
|GT15-TM CHIRP Transom Mount (8 pin)||Depth/Temp||600W||1900'||Plastic||18066456|
|GCV Scanning Sonar Module with GT30-TM Transducer CHIRP Transom Mount||Depth/Temp||500W||750' ClearVü, 500' SideVü||Plastic||17397738|
|GT20-TM Traditional/ClearVü Transom Mount (4 pin)||Depth/Temp||500W||1,900' Traditional 750' ClearVü||Plastic||17492372|
|GT21-TM Traditional/ClearVü Transom Mount (8 pin)||Depth/Temp||600W Traditional 500W ClearVü||1,500' Traditional 1,000' ClearVü||Plastic||17596297|
|GT21-TH Traditional/ClearVü Thru-Hull (8 pin)||Depth/Temp||600W Traditional 500W ClearVü||1,500' Traditional 1,000' ClearVu||Plastic||17596305|
|GT22HW-TM Traditional/ClearVü Transom Mount (8 pin)||Depth/Temp||250W Traditional 300W ClearVü||1,800' Traditional 1,000' ClearVü||Plastic/Stainless Steel||18218008|
|GT23M-TM Traditional/ClearVü Transom Mount (8 pin)||Depth/Temp||600W Traditional 500W ClearVü||1,800' Traditional 1,000' ClearVü||Plastic/Stainless Steel||17685967|
|GT23M-TH Traditional/ClearVü Thru-Hull (8 pin)||Depth/Temp||600W Traditional 500W ClearVü||1,800' Traditional 1,000' ClearVü||Plastic/Stainless Steel||17712696|
|Transducer Type: Panoptix||Reading(s)||Power||Depth||Material||Model|
|Panoptix™ PS21-TM Transom Mount Forward Scan Transducer||Depth/Temp||48W||300'||Plastic||17640582|
|Panoptix™ PS21-TR Trolling Motor Mount Forward Scanning Transducer||Depth/Temp||48W||300'||Plastic||17044835|
|Panoptix™ PS22-TR Trolling Motor Transducer||Depth/Temp||48W||300'||Plastic||19070812|
|Panoptix™ PS30 Transom Mount Down Scanning Transducer||Depth/Temp||144W||300'||Plastic||16223661|
|Panoptix™ PS31 Transom Mount Forward Scanning Transducer||Depth/Temp||144W||300'||Plastic||16223679|
|Panoptix™ PS60 Thru-Hull Down Transducer||Depth/Temp||144W||300'||Plastic||16223687|
|Panoptix™ PS51-TH Thru-Hull FrontVu Transducer||Depth/Temp||96W||300'||Stainless Steel||18066431|
GPSMAP 742xs Chartplotter/Sonar Combo with U.S. BlueChart g2 HD and LakeVu HD Charts
|Antenna||Internal GPS Antenna|
|Card Type||Micro SD|
BlueChart g2 HD for US/Canada/Bahamas
US LakeVu HD
Garmin Marine Network
Networks Multiple Displays
|Resolution||800 x 480|
|Voltage||12 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).
GARMINVHF 110 Fixed-Mount Radio