M73 PLUS Handheld VHF Radio with Voice Recorder
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. View Details
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Slim, stylish, powerful handheld VHF radio with professional features, including Last Call Voice Recording, Bass Boost and Active Noise Canceling.
The M73 PLUS Handheld VHF Radio delivers six watts of high transmit power and is built with waterproof IPX8 submersible construction. It’s easy to hear the loud 700mW audio output, and you get 18 hours of operating time, good for a full weekend of use.
With a new interface design with large directional buttons, you gain fast access to menu items and radio functions. Compact, slim and ergonomic design allows easy one-handed operation. Rigorously tested for durability, the M73 PLUS meets MIL-STD 810 specifications.
M73 PLUS Premium Features: Compared to the more basic M73, the M73 PLUS adds these capabilities:
- Bass Boost: The signal processing technology emphasizes low-pitched sound to provide a rich bass sound for both transmit and receive signals
- Active Noise Canceling: The built-in bidirectional active noise canceling reduces background noise to up to 90% and improves both your transmitted voice and incoming call; You will hear better and clearer
- Last Call Voice Recording automatically saves the last incoming call for one minute; You can also start recording manually
- Slim, hourglass body, wide viewing angle LCD screen: M73 PLUS has a stylish, ergonomic design. A durable and rugged body provides for user-friendly operation and long life. A wide viewing angle, high intensity LCD offers bright, easy to read characters.
- 700mW loud audio: M73 PLUS uses a BTL (bridge-tied load) amplifier that doubles the audio output. Its internal speaker delivers a loud 700mW audio output with clear sound.
- 6W RF output power: Six watts of transmit power will provide extended communication range. A large capacity Lithium-Ion battery, BP-245H, allows for 17 hours of operation, under normal conditions.
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.22µV; Rejection: 70db
- Waterproof Rating: IPX8 means the radio has been tested to survive at 1.5 meter (4.9') of depth for 30 minutes
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof
- AquaQuake™ water draining function
- Dual/Tri-Watch function for monitoring Channel 16 and/or call channel
- Four-level battery indicator
- Favorite channel and tag scan functions
- Auto power save function
What's in the Box
- M73 PLUS
- Cigarette lighter cable, CP-25H
- AC adapter, BC-123SA/SE*
- Rapid charger, BC-210
- Battery pack, BP-245H
- Belt clip, MB-103
- Antenna, FA-S59V or FA-S64V*
- Hand strap
* May differ depending on version.
M73 PLUS Handheld VHF Radio with Voice Recorder
|Battery Life||18 Hours|
|Transmit Power||6/3/1 Watt|
|Dimensions||2 1/8" Width x 4 15/16" Height x 1 3/16" Depth|
|Warranty Details||Three Years Waterproof|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on Orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned. This includes: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers, computer software and electronics charts. Other non-returnable items include carry-on air conditioners, generators and select electronics. We will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair on product that cannot be returned to West Marine. Items containing hazardous material may only be returned to a West Marine store.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464).