INTERLUX–InterProtect® HS, Gray, Gallon Kit
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
InterProtect® HS, Gray, Gallon Kit
Roller or Airless Spray
|Coverage||Below Waterline: 151 Square Feet/Gallon|
|Cure Time||To Overcoat: 2-7 Hours; To launch: 3-16 Hours|
|Type||Multi-Purpose Two-Part Epoxy Primer|
The high-solids formula of Interprotect HS results in fewer coats required to reach the desired film thickness.
Featuring a high-solids formula that is low-in-VOCs, InterProtect® HS is a two-part epoxy that can be used above or below the waterline as a high-build primer. The high-solids formulation results in fewer coats required to reach the desired film thickness. As part of a gelcoat blister repair or prevention system, the formula incorporates Micro-Plate® Technology to reduce water migration through the epoxy to the hull surface which could lead to blistering. Micro-Plates® also provide corrosion protection for metals. Kit makes one gallon.
- Creates a barrier against water intrusion
- Protects against corrosion
- Meets the most restrictive VOC regulations
- Can be used as part of gelcoat blister repair prevention system
- Type: Barrier Coat Primer
- Finish: Satin
- Available Colors: Grey
- Components: 2
- Solids by Volume: 66%
- Coverage: 151sq.ft/gal.(Below waterline)
- Coverage: 211sq.ft/gal (Above waterline)
- VOC: 289 g/l
- Application Method: Brush, roller, airless or conventional spray
- Total Thickness Required: Varies with application
- Dry Film Thickness: 7 mils
- Wet Film Thickness: 10 mils
- Thinner: Brush: Y2333N (Model 198606); Spray: Y2316N (Model 198598)
Drying Times* (Hours)
Drying @41°F @59°F @77°F @95°F To touch 7 hr. 4 hr. 3 hr. 1.75 hr. To recoat 7 hr. 5 hr. 3 hr. 2 hr. To launch 16 hr. 8 hr. 6 hr. 3 hr.
For detailed application instructions see the Interlux Interprotect HS Data Sheet. NOTE: Manufacturer data sheets are subject to revision. Linked data sheets are believed to be accurate at the time of publication.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.