SPOT–Trace™ Theft-Alert Tracking Device
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Trace™ Theft-Alert Tracking Device
|Dimensions||2 3/16" Width x 2 11/16" Height x 15/16" Depth|
|Minimum Requirements||Subscription Required|
|Warranty Details||One Year Against Defects in Workmanship|
The SPOT Trace offers advanced theft-alert tracking for anything.
Instantly receive a text or email when your most valuable assets move, or follow them on Google Maps™ anytime on your phone or computer. Custom tracking options allow you to select the rate at which updates are sent—every 2 1/2, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes. Affordable and easy to use, SPOT Trace is a no-brainer for your cars, boats, motorcycles, toys and other valuables. No worries.
Trackable assets: Vehicles, Watercraft, Aircraft, Motorcycles, UTVs/ATVs, Toy Haulers, Equipment, Valuables
How it Works
Once activated and powered on, SPOT Trace will acquire its exact coordinates from the GPS network. SPOT Trace sends the GPS location to communication satellites. The satellites relay the message to a ground network, which uses the internet to route the message to your phone or computer. SPOT Trace allows you to monitor your asset and track its movement in near real-time via Google Maps™. Because SPOT Trace uses satellite technology, it can communicate from some of the most remote locations around the world. Never let your most valuable asset disappear without a trace.
- Tracking: SPOT Trace's customized tracking feature allows you to select 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals. View your asset's GPS coordinates online in near real-time with Google Maps.
- Movement Alerts: Receive text and/or email notifications when your SPOT Trace's vibration sensor detects your asset has new movement.
- Dock Mode: Configure SPOT Trace to track an asset that is primarily stored on the water.
- Power Off Message: Receive a notification if SPOT Trace is powered off.
- Low Battery Message: Receive a notification when SPOT Trace's batteries are low.
- Status Message: Receive a daily alert to let you know your asset is secure.
SPOT Trace Services
- Basic Service: SPOT Trace automatically sends a SMS text/email with your asset’s GPS coordinates once movement has been detected. View the asset's GPS coordinates anytime online via the SPOT Trace app. Basic service allows you to customize your Trace to track every 5, 10, 30 or 60 minutes. Also, customize your device’s dock mode, movement alert, status, low battery and power off settings. (Requires service agreement.)
- Extreme Tracking Upgrade: Enjoy even greater assurance with Extreme Tracking. Enjoy all the features of Basic Service, with the added benefit of being able to track your asset's GPS coordinates every 2 1/2 minutes. (Requires service agreement.)
- Product Replacement Program: Quickly replace a damaged, lost or stolen SPOT Trace. Never lose the sense of security and peace-of-mind you get with SPOT Trace. (Requires service agreement.)
- Activation Method: Automatic
- Coverage: Virtually all continental US, Canada, Mexico, Europe, Australia, parts of South America, Northern Africa, and North-Eastern Asia, offshore of these areas
- GPS: Internal high-sensitivity GPS receiver
- Battery Type: Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8x L92 batteries (included), line power with a 5V USB connection (included, NOT waterproof), (4) AAA Energizer® NiMH rechargeable NH12 batteries (sold separately)
- Battery Life: Powered Off: 24 Months; Tracking: ~ 3.5 to 156 days
- Subscription: Basic Service; Extreme Tracking Service; Product Replacement (All require service agreement)
- Message Type: Tracking, Movement Alerts, Dock Mode, Power Off Message, Low Battery Message, Status Message
- Dimensions: 2 3/16"W x 2 11/16"H x 15/16"D
- Weight: 3.1oz.
- Mounts Included: Reversible mounting bracket, industrial strength double-sided tape, adhesive grip pad, adhesive hook and loop tape
- Included Accessories: Eight lithium batteries, 5V USB power cable, mounting accessories
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: One year for defects in workmanship
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.