HX40 Ultra Compact 6W Handheld VHF Radio
|Battery Life||10 Hours|
|Transmit Power||1/2.5/6 Watt|
|Battery Type||Lithium Polymer|
|Dimensions||2.05" Width x 3.74" Height x 1.3" Depth|
Three Years Waterproof
The HX40 is an ultra compact 6 Watt handheld VHF only (2.05"W x 3.74"H x 1.3"D) and weighing only 8.1 ounces.
Ultra Compact Case Design
Measuring 2.05" W x 3.74" H x 1.3" D the new HX40 is about the size of a deck of playing cards. Making this portable radio easy to fit just about anywhere.
Better Resolution (Dot Matrix) Display
The HX40 comes with a very visible Dot Matrix display with a very clear, very bright fully backlit display.
E2O Easy to Operate Menu System
New intuitive menu system allows easy access to all of the setup functions of the radio, making it easy to customize settings based on the preferences of the user
Built in FM Broadcast band receive
The HX40 has an expanded receiver allowing the user to tune in to their favorite FM radio station. The radio will receive FM broadcast bands between 76 MHz to 108 MHz.
3-year Waterproof Warranty
Because the HX40 is built better, it’s backed better. If your Standard Horizon HX40 ever fails for any reason including water damage during normal use in the first three years, STANDARD HORIZON will repair or replace it free, without hassle or charges…period! If it fails thereafter in normal use it is covered by Standard Horizon's Flat Rate Service Program.
- Floating (When fitted into the optional flotation case SHC-29*)
- Ultra Compact case design: 2.05"W × 3.74"H × 1.3"D
- 6W transmit power output (Selectable 6/2.5/1W)
- 600mW Loud Audio Output
- Preset key used to recall up to 10 favorite channels
- Easy to Operate Menu System
- Scanning operation and Multi-Watch (Dual Watch and Triple Watch)
- CH16/S Quick Access (S: Sub-channel)
- Built-in Lithium Polymer Battery Pack (7.4V, 1850mAh)
- NOAA Weather Channels with Weather Alert
- FM Broadcast Radio Receiver
- 3 Year Waterproof Warranty
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.