WindMate® WM-350 Multi-function Weather Meter
|Dimensions||3 1/4" Height x 1 3/16" Width x 3/8" Depth|
|Warranty Details||One Year|
A full-function weather station in the palm of your hand, and it even boasts a fluxgate compass.
This is a prize-winning, comprehensive weather monitor, which gives full environmental data specific to your location and includes a 48-hour history for every function, hour-by-hour and in a bar graph.
- Extensive list of functions: The fluxgate compass reads when held vertically, gives wind direction in degrees and compass points; it calculates crosswind and head/tail wind. The compass can be calibrated for variation/declination and deviation. In addition to wind speed/direction, temperature, barometric pressure, altitude, and humidity, the unit includes wind chill, Wet Bulb, Dew Point, Delta T & Density Altitude.
- Audio storm alarm: WindMate 350 gives an accurate weather forecast and an audio storm alarm alerts you to weather changes, even if the unit is off.
- Comfort Index: The instrument has Speedtech’s exclusive Accuweather.com, patented Comfort Index, which is the effect of temperature, relative humidity, wind speed and sun intensity on the human body. The formula can be adjusted based on sun intensity and is superior to Heat Index.
- Versatile water-resistant case: The case is water resistant, shockproof, and the jackknife design allows for the most accurate measurements, as your hands heat and moisture do not interfere with any sensors.
- Tripod mount: WM-350 can be tripod-mounted and accommodates the Model SM-WT wind tunnel accessory for very precise measurements. All WindMates meet NIST calibration standards and wind speed accuracy tested better than +/– 3%.
- Time, Date, 48-Hour history for all functions
- Reports Wind Speed, Wind Direction, Temperature, Relative Humidity, Barometric Pressure, Wind Chill, Wet Bulb, Dew Point, Delta T, Comfort Index (Accuweather.com patented), Altitude, Density Altitude, Digital Compass
- Reports wind direction in both degrees and compass points
- Swiss-made impeller components—current, average and maximum wind speed
- USA-made fluxgate compass—use as hand bearing compass
- Digital wind direction—crosswind, head-/tailwind calculations
- Lifetime calibrated Swiss-made humidity sensor
- Swiss-made barometer sensor—weather forecast, audio storm alarm
- Altimeter to 29,000ft., density altitude
- Exclusive Accuweather.com®-patented Comfort Index
- Auto-shutoff can be disabled
- Waterproof Rating: Water resistant to 3' and floats
- Battery Life: 400 hours (replaceable)
- Battery Type: CR2032 Lithium battery (included)
- Base Type: Threaded for tripod mount
- Warranty: Two years
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.