Noise Control Barrier Material
Line your engine compartment to reduce noise levels.
This flexible composite combines the sound-absorbing properties of open-cell polyurethane foam and the noise barrier capabilities of high-density PVC vinyl sheeting. The 3/32" flexible vinyl sheet is fused between two layers of foam—an exterior (“decoupler”) layer and an interior (“absorber”) layer.
The interior layer is then covered with a thin film (2.5 mil) of mylar, reinforced with elastomer-coated fiberglass for surface heat protection and enhanced sound absorption. The overall effect is a dramatic noise reduction when compared with single-layer foam barriers. Material is fire retardant (not fireproof) up to 225°F.
Available in two overall thicknesses. Decoupler thickness is 1/4"; Absorber thickness is 1/4" on the 1/2" kit, 3/4" on the 1" kit. Peel-and-stick backing for easy installation. When using overhead, nail hangers should be used.
- More effective than single-layer barriers
- Fire-retardant (not fireproof) up to 225°F
- Available in two thicknesses
- Peel and stick backing for easy installation
- Unaffected by dirt, moisture, lubricants and fuels
- Acoustic grade foam, with high density leaded vinyl barrier
- Provides thermal insulation
- Decoupler thickness is 1/4"
- Absorber thickness is 1/4" on the 1/2" kit, 3/4" on the 1" kit
- When using overhead, nail hangers model (216874) should be used
|Diameter||32" x 54" x 1" Thick|
|Type||Misc. Engine Parts|
|Diameter||32" x 54" x 1/2" Thick|
|Type||Misc. Engine Parts|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 10 - 14 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 7 - 10 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 7 – 10 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)