VHF85 Handheld VHF Radio
- Adds additional protection from the date of purchase
- Extends protection past the manufacturer warranty
Small, rugged, inexpensive, and with all the features most boaters will ever want or need.
Our VHF85 handheld radio offers an incredible 11-hour battery life on a single charge for all-day use and easily slips into your pocket until you need it. It also is built tough, with a super strong aluminum alloy chassis, so it can take all the abuse a day on the water can dish out.
The ultra compact radio that’s BIG on features
Our littlest VHF radio, the VHF85 more than measures up to other offerings. Despite its small size, it transmits with plenty of power (five watts), so you’ll be heard loud and clear when needed. Its backlit, 7-segment LCD display is easy to read with large, highly legible characters you won't have to squint to see, even in bright sunlight. Illuminated eight-button control make operation a breeze.
This little workhorse also features convenient Dual and Triple-Watch modes, letting you monitor other channels. It meets rigid IPX8 submersibility standards and is backed by a comprehensive waterproof warranty so, while it doesn’t float, it’ll more than handle most onboard chores.
“Plug and play” use preserves battery life
Despite a highly respectable 11-hour battery life, the VHF85 also comes with a clip-on DC charger with AC adapter. Plug it in to the bottom of your radio and you can use it while it’s charging—without running the battery down.
- Material: Die-cast aluminum chassis
- Controls: On/Volume/Squelch knobs, eight buttons
- Scanning Modes: Dual- and Triple-Watch Plus
- Weather Alert: Yes
- Transmit Power: 1/2.5/5 Watt
- Receiver Performance: Sensitivity: 0.20µV; Rejection: 75dB
- Battery Type: Lithium-ion
- Battery Life: 11 hours
- Waterproof: Mfr. rated IPX8
- Dimensions: 2 1/2“W x 4 9/16“H x 1 1/2“D
- Display Type: Segmented LCD
- Weight: 10.2oz.
- Warranty: Three-year waterproof; $49.99 flat rate
What's in the Box
- Rapid clip-on DC charger
- AC adapter
- belt clip
- wrist strap
VHF85 Handheld VHF Radio
|Battery Life||11 Hours|
|Dimensions||2 1/2" Width x 4 9/16" Height x 1 1/2" Depth|
|Display Type||Segmented LCD|
|Transmit Power||5/2.5/1 Watt|
Three Years Waterproof
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 240 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 7 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days.
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)