Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
This fuel tank is specifically designed to replace OEM tanks on Boston Whaler Montauk 15' and 17' center console boats.
A low-permeation certified topside tank made for EPA-compliant boats built after 2011, the Moeller 22 Gallon Boston Whaler Fuel Tank is USCG, NMMA and ABYC compliant and made from marine-grade, cross-linked polyethylene. It also meets EPA/CARB regulations with an EPA-compliant, two-stage, ratcheting fuel cap. This mechanically-vented cap floats and is easy to grip with its ribbed design. Includes 90°, 1/4" NPT, Moeller-patented “Poplock” aluminum withdrawal elbow that swivels 360° without losing its seal. Rotomolded 2 1/4" fill neck with side angle orientation for easy access, plus gauge and vent.
- Minimum of 5% of the inside volume reserved for ullage open headspace
- Full fill line and securing strap grooves molded into tank
- EPA-compliant 2-stage “click when closed” fuel cap
- 90°, 1/4" NPT, “Poplock” aluminum withdrawal elbow
- Pressure tested to a minimum of 3 lb. to eliminate leakage issues before being shipped
- EPA/CARB, USCG, NMMA and ABYC compliant
- Capacity: 22 gallons
- Material: Marine-grade, cross-linked polyethylene
- Dimensions: 29 1/4"L x 19"W x 14"H
- Warranty: One year
Use this shopping list of essential components to create a sound—and compliant fuel tank installation.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 6/25/2019
Learn what you can do to prevent phase separation and limit other ethanol-related fuel problems.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 6/1/2020
West Marine offers a wide variety of aftermarket, OEM-equivalent engine parts.
Last Updated: 6/2/2022
Check out this article for some easy ways to stretch your fuel dollars.
By Don Casey; Last updated 6/25/2019