Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Protect Your Purchase
Add extra coverage from the date of purchase beyond the manufacturer’s warranty. Details
PLUS adds up to 2 more years of coverage beyond the Manufacturer's Warranty and offers extra coverage from the date of purchase throughout the extended term. PLUS includes:
- Wear and Tear Coverage
- Power Surge Protection
- Exchange for products under $400
- Onboard service on products over $750
- Up to 5 years of total coverage
Your PLUS plan goes into effect with your purchase ‐ no registration required. Purchase your PLUS plan online, in stores or by calling 1 (800) 262-8464.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Pre-programming is required.
Reduce your risk of collision with this fully integrated, Class-B AIS transceiver.
The NAIS-500 provides added security when you're navigating busy ports, at night or in conditions of limited visibility. Compact in size, lightweight, fully waterproof, with low power draw and featuring multiple connections, the NAIS 500 is ideal for networking with any NSS, NSO, or GO series chartplotter/multifunction display and Simrad RS VHF system.
- Send and Receive: The NAIS 500 ensures that you are seen and can see on the water by sending a signal to other vessels with your navigational data, whilst you receive data from other vessels. This allows you to plan any necessary avoidance actions well in advance.
- Integrated Solution: Networks with your NSS, NSO, or GO series chartplotter / multi-function display and your marine VHF radio for a fully integrated system.
- Multiple Networking Connections: Compatible with NMEA 2000, NMEA 0183, NMEA 0183 multiplexing and USB.
- Low Power Consumption: Ideal for sailboats or power boats, the NAIS 500 features a low average power consumption of 180 mA at 12V DC.
- AIS Type: Class B Transceiver
- Display Type: Not included
- Antenna: Not included. SO-239 connector
- Dimensions: 5 15/16"L x 3 7/8"H x 2 1/8"D
- Amperage: 180mA @ 12V DC
- NMEA 2000 Load Equivalency Number (LEN): 1
- NMEA Interface: NMEA 2000 Certified, NMEA 0183 3, default 38,400 baud (bidirectional), 4,800 baud (bidirectional)
- Voltage: 9.6-31.2V DC (12/24V systems)
- Waterproof Rating: IP67 submersible
- Warranty: One year
What's in the Box
- Screws (packet of four
- Power and data cable
- USB configuration cable
- GPS antenna
- NMEA 2000 cable
- Product CD
- Quick Start Guide
Formerly only used by the Vessel Traffic Service, this excellent tool for collision avoidance is now available to all.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 8/16/2019
Use this reference guide to help you select products with the ingress protection you need.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 8/21/2019