Select Styles for Availability
Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Line your engine compartment to reduce noise levels.
This flexible composite combines the sound-absorbing properties of open-cell polyurethane foam and the noise barrier capabilities of high-density PVC vinyl sheeting. The 3/32" flexible vinyl sheet is fused between two layers of foam—an exterior (“decoupler”) layer and an interior (“absorber”) layer.
The interior layer is then covered with a thin film (2.5 mil) of mylar, reinforced with elastomer-coated fiberglass for surface heat protection and enhanced sound absorption. The overall effect is a dramatic noise reduction when compared with single-layer foam barriers. Material is fire retardant (not fireproof) up to 225°F.
Available in two overall thicknesses. Decoupler thickness is 1/4"; Absorber thickness is 1/4" on the 1/2" kit, 3/4" on the 1" kit. Peel-and-stick backing for easy installation. When using overhead, nail hangers should be used.
- More effective than single-layer barriers
- Fire-retardant (not fireproof) up to 225°F
- Available in two thicknesses
- Peel and stick backing for easy installation
- Unaffected by dirt, moisture, lubricants and fuels
- Acoustic grade foam, with high density leaded vinyl barrier
- Provides thermal insulation
- Decoupler thickness is 1/4"
- Absorber thickness is 1/4" on the 1/2" kit, 3/4" on the 1" kit
- When using overhead, nail hangers model (216874) should be used