Vendor Shipping Details
This item will be fulfilled from the vendor. Delivery time varies – typically 2–3 weeks.
Restrictions: This item does not ship to a PO Box, APO, FPO, DPO or international address. Expedited shipping is not available.
West Marine will email you when your order ships from the vendor.
Truck Freight is used to ship items that exceed standard shipping limitations on weight and/or size. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Replace your flooded batteries with Absorbed Glass Mat (AGM) batteries. They’re more rugged, accept higher charging current, are sealed, safer and submersible.
AGM Batteries are great in both deep cycle and starting applications. They charge more quickly than conventional batteries and have low 3% monthly self-discharge rates. The spill-proof, valve-regulated design eliminates acid spills and terminal corrosion. AGM batteries are safer to operate than conventional flooded batteries, as the chance of explosion or acid spray is reduced which allow them to be installed in almost any location and any position (except upside-down).
Manufactured in the U.S. for West Marine by East Penn, one of the most reputable battery companies in the country. Each battery receives over 250 quality control checks to guarantee consistent and superior performance. East Penn’s award winning factory leads the industry in closed loop and sustainable practices. Nearly all of the plastics, lead and acid are recycled, so our batteries are great for your boat and the environment.
- Dual Purpose batteries deliver high starting and moderate deep cycle power; Ideal for boaters who want high cranking power plus dependable power for power-hungry electronic accessories
- Shock-absorbing glass mat separators resist vibration and damage that can shorten the life of a battery; 20 times more vibration resistant than flooded batteries for wave-pounding protection
- Enhanced durability design to withstand wear of extended cycling service
- Superior electrolyte retention prevents dry out and acid leaks
- Safer to install and transport with no-spill design to prevent leaking acid
- Lower current resistance separators improve current flow for faster starts
- Manufactured in the USA
- Rated at 300 cycles
- Group Size: Group 4D
- Terminal Type: Tapered Post Terminal
- Amp Hours (Ah): 198
- Cold Cranking Amps (CCA): 1110
- Marine Cranking Amps (MCA): 1420
- Reserve Minutes: 380
- Weight: 131 lbs.
- Dimensions: 20 3/4"L 8 1/2"W x 10"H
- Warranty: 18-month free replacement
Core charge will apply to battery purchase if an old 12V battery is not exchanged at the time of purchase.
How much storage capacity do you need? The answer to that question begins with creating an energy budget for your boat.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 8/1/2019
Modern “smart” charging options make proper care of batteries almost goof-proof. This article will help you make the right choice for your boat.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 12/21/2020
Planning to install a new battery charger? This article will acquaint you with what you need to know to do the job right.
By Tom Burden, Last updated: 3/10/2020
Starting, dual-purpose or deep-cycle? What about flooded, gel, AGM or Lithium? This article will help you make the right choice.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 2/22/2022
Learn how to build in redundancy and failure protection with two battery banks and charge management devices like ACRs.
By Tom Burden, Last updated 6/1/2020