GlobalFix™ V4 EPIRB Category II
Hazard Shipping Information
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Delivery is only applicable within the contiguous United States. Additional shipping fees may apply. Signature required for receipt of shipment.
Drastically increase your probability of survival at sea with the multiple built-in redundancies of the GlobalFIX™ V4 marine distress EPIRB.
Upon activation, the GlobalFIX™ V4’s robust internal GPS accurately fixes your exact location. Your coordinates are then broadcast via a powerful 406 MHz distress signal to Search and Rescue forces worldwide. In the absence of GPS data, orbiting Cospas-Sarsat satellites can accurately triangulate your position using the 406 MHz signal alone. A 121.5 MHz homing signal further guides searchers to your exact position.
66-channel GPS: The GlobalFIX™ V4 is a full-featured EPIRB loaded with high-efficiency electronics for performance you can count on, including an internal 66 channel GPS for faster acquisition from a cold start. A protective keypad cover helps prevent false activation, and the all-new, user-replaceable battery pack has a 10-year replacement interval — reducing the overall ownership cost and making replacement a breeze.
Easy self-testing: The GlobalFIX™ V4 has two functional self-tests to monitor the beacon’s transmission, power and battery performance and GPS acquisition. Pair these tests with ACR’s 406Link.com optional testing portal (available for the Americas only) and receive satellite confirmation messages directly to your cell phone or email.
GlobalFIX™ V4 offers the very latest in marine electronic lifesaving technology:
- Highly visible LED strobe is energy efficient
- Internal 66 channel GPS for faster signal acquisition from a cold start
- High efficiency electronics for performance you can count on
- User replaceable battery with a long ten-year battery life
- Professional grade design that’s engineered, tested and built for years of use in harsh environments
- Simple manual activation using a keypad with protective cover to prevent false alarm
- Frequency: 406 MHz with 121.5 MHz homing
- Activation: Manual release (Category II)
- Battery Type: Class 2 (non-hazmat) lithium manganese battery (user replaceable) - LiMnO2 (P/N 1104)
- Battery Life: 10-year replacement life, 48 hour operational life
- Strobe: White, 4 LED Array 1 effective candela, 20–30 flashes per minute
- GPS: Internal 66-channel receiver
- Material: High-impact UV-resistant polymer
- Waterproof Rating: Waterproof to 33' for five minutes
- Dimensions (without antenna): 8 1/8"H x 4 1/4" diameter
- Weight (Beacon Only): 27 oz., (With Bracket): 34.92 oz.
- Approvals: Cospas-Sarsat, FCC, MED (Pending), IC Acceptances: USCG Meets: GMDSS, RTCM, IEC, and IMO standards
- 406Link.com: 120 satellite detectable basic self tests (available only in the Americas)
- Warranty: Five years
As the owner of this 406 MHz Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon (EPIRB), you are required by law to register your beacon with the EPIRB National Authority of your country — and update that registration every two years. United States: NOAA www.beaconregistration.noaa.gov/
GlobalFix™ V4 EPIRB Category II
|Battery Life||48 Hours|
|Battery Storage Life||10 Years|
|Dimensions||3.6" Width x 9.6" Height x 4.3" Depth|
|Minimum Requirements||Registration Required|
|Warranty Details||Five Years|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.