When light weight is critical, Dinghy Light is the answer for light air jib, main and spinnaker sheet applications. This double braid line is made of polypropylene, so it won’t absorb water and extra weight. The outer cover is 40-plait braid for high abrasion resistance and comfortable handling. The 8-plait core makes the rope round, compact and low stretch.
- Best Use: Dinghy jib, main and light spinnaker sheets
- Construction: Double braid
- Cover Fiber/Construction: 40-plait polypropylene
- Core Fiber/Construction: 8-plait polypropylene
- Stretch: 6.18% at 20% of breaking strength
|Breaking Strength||1100 Pounds|
|Breaking Strength||1870 Pounds|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.