Fantom 24" Pulse Compression Dome Radar with MotionScope™ Technology
12 Watts (Standby)
33.5 Watts (Transmit)
|Beam||3.7 Degrees H|
|Dimensions||9.8" Height x 25.4" Diameter|
|Display Color||Sold Separately|
|Maximum Range||48 Nautical Miles|
|Rotation||24 or 48 RPM|
|Transmit Power||40 Watts|
|Voltage||10.5 to 35 Volts DC|
|Warranty Details||Two Years|
GMR™ Fantom 24 with MotionScope™ Technology harnesses the Doppler Effect to make avoiding collisions much simpler.
GMR Fantom dome radars features MotionScope technology, which uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds, and track weather. MotionScope highlights the moving targets in different colors on the radar display so you can navigate around other boats or severe weather, or toward fishing spots where birds are feeding at the surface. Pulse Compression technology provides high resolution while maximizing energy, to enhance detection and identification of targets. Fully integrates with select Garmin chartplotters.
High-power 40W Radar with 3.7° Beam: Excellent close- and long-range target detection ranging from as close as 20' to 48 nautical miles, even in fog or rain. Its 3.7° horizontal beamwidth provides a high resolution image and high antenna gain so it can pick out targets at a distance. The result is this radar paints a clear, concise image of the shoreline, other vessels and impending weather—right on your Garmin chartplotter. You get consistent target positions, excellent target separation and reliable operation.
True Color Images: 8-bit true color imagery also helps you discriminate large targets from small ones and enhances target separation. Radar data is overlaid onto charts (autopilot or heading sensor recommended).
Low power use and instant-on: Low power consumption, instant turn on and no delay from warming up as with magnetron radars. Rotation speeds of 24rpm for reduced power consumption and 48rpm to provide fast screen updates.
MotionScope™ Doppler Technology: GMR Fantom radars use the Doppler effect to detect and highlight moving targets to help you avoid potential collisions, find flocks of birds and track weather formations. The Doppler effect is the frequency shift in the radar echo due to the relative motion of the target. This allows for instant detection of any targets moving toward or away from the radar.
MotionScope™ highlights the moving targets in different colors on the radar display so you can navigate around other boats or severe weather, or toward fishing spots where birds are feeding at the surface. For more on this technology, see our West Advisor article on Doppler Radar.
- 24" 40W solid-state dome radar
- MotionScope™ technology uses the Doppler effect to detect and highlight targets moving toward you or away in different colors to help avoid collisions, find flocks of birds, and track weather
- Pulse Compression technology provides high resolution while maximizing energy, to enhance detection and identification of targets
- Target Size allows you to adjust the size of objects on the radar image
- 20' to 48 nautical mile detection range
- Transmit Power: 40W
- Maximum Range: 48nm
- Minimum Range: 6 meters
- Rotation Speed: 24/48rpm (dual rotation)
- Beamwidth: 3.7° horizontal, 25° vertical
- MotionScope: Yes
- Auto Bird Gain: Yes
- Dual Radar Support: Yes
- Echo Trails: Yes
- MARPA Target Tracking (collision avoidance): Yes (Requires Heading Sensor, sold separately)
- Voltage: 10-32 V DC
- Power Consumption: 3W standby; 18.1-24.4W transmit
- Data Interface: High-speed Ethernet
- Display: Compatible Garmin displays
- Color: 8 bit
- Dimensions: 25 3/8"dia. x 9 13/16"H
- Weight: 21lb.
- Waterproof Rating: IPX7
- Warranty: Two years
What's in the Box
- GMR Fantom 24
- Mounting hardware kit
- Power cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Network cable (15 m/49.21 ft)
- Installation instructions
- Mounting template
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.