GARMIN–Panoptix™ PS51-TH Thru-Hull FrontVu Transducer
Panoptix™ PS51-TH Thru-Hull FrontVu Transducer
|Beam||20 Degrees (LiveVu) x 90 Degrees (FrontVu)|
|Deadrise Angle||0 to 20 Degrees|
|Maximum Depth||300 Feet|
|Mount Type||Thru Hull|
|Transmit Power||96 Watts|
See the bottom ahead of your boat in real time on your chartplotter.
Avoid running aground: The Panoptix PS51-TH multibeam thru-hull transducer with premium FrontVü forward-looking sonar helps you avoid running aground by displaying the bottom ahead of your boat in real time on your chartplotter. It also includes LiveVü Forward sonar to give you the unique ability to see fish — even divers — swimming in real time under and ahead of your boat with a 100' forward range.
See up to 300' ahead: Panoptix FrontVü sonar displays bottom up to 300' ahead of the boat (at 8 to 10 times the current depth) and delivers nearly instant feedback to give you more time to react. You can be more confident when navigating unfamiliar water because Panoptix FrontVü has a narrow beam forward-looking sonar (20°). This allows you to focus on the bottom in front of your boat and not be confused with what is off to each side.
Motion stabilized: It also includes an AHRS sensor for motion stabilization that allows you to see what is in front of your boat even in rough water conditions. And all the FrontVü forward-looking sonar image data can be easily shared with other chartplotters across the Garmin Marine Network.
Common mounting hole size: Panoptix PS51-TH features a standard 2" diameter (50.88mm) stainless steel thru-hull mount. Displays depth and temperature data and is compatible with all Panoptix capable Garmin chartplotters.
See fish swimming in front of your boat: With LiveVü Forward, your boat can be moving or stationary. You will see live images of what is happening under the water. Watch your lure as it sinks and see its depth and movement as you retrieve it. See it move in relation to structure in the water. See fish swimming and reacting to your bait. If they attack, you"ll see and feel the hit! Once on the hook, watch the fight on your screen as it happens. With Panoptix LiveVü Forward, you can see it all come to life up to 100 feet away. All other sonar is just history.
- Premium FrontVü forward-looking sonar helps you avoid running aground¹
- Narrow beam forward-looking sonar that focuses on the bottom in front of your boat
- Displays the bottom up to 300' ahead of your boat in real time
- Delivers nearly instant feedback to give you more time to react
- Also offers LiveVü forward for fishing – see fish swimming in front of your boat, even when stationary
- Style: Thru-hull
- Frequency: 417kHz
- Transmit Power: 96W
- Beamwidth: LiveVü and FrontVü: 20°x 90°
- Maximum Depth: 300' Down; 300' Forward (8-10x the current depth)
- Monitors: Depth and Temperature
- Connection: Ethernet
- Cable Length: Power Cable 6'; Ethernet Cable 6'; Ethernet Extension Cable 50'
- Power Consumption: <1.2A @ 12V
- Voltage Range: 10-35V DC
- Hull Deadrise Angle: Up to 20° deadrise with 3/4" hull thickness
What's in the Box
- Panoptix PS51-TH forward thru-hull transducer
- Mounting hardware
- Fairing block
- Blanking plug
¹The ability to effectively avoid running aground with FrontVü sonar decreases as speed rises above 8 knots.
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.