12' Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak
15% Off - Ends 05/28/18
This may be one of the most compact, lightweight tandem kayaks around, but it's also one of the most versatile.
What's so versatile about Ocean Kayak's Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak?
How about no less than seven seating options:
- One adult in the center seat
- One adult in the center seat and one child in the front
- One adult in the center seat and one pet in the front
- One adult in the back and one adult in the front facing the rear
- One adult in the back and one adult in the front facing forward
- One adult in the back, one child in the center and one adult in the front
- One adult in the back, one pet in the center and one adult in the front
How about its original Tri Form hull design that handles:
- Flat water
- Swift water
- Rough water
How about its ability to:
- Nest one on top of the other for easier multiple kayak transporting
- Nest one on top of the other for easier multiple kayak storage
- Carry a combined weight of people and gear from 375 to 425 pounds
- Portage easily since it only weighs 57 pounds
- Provide a stable ride with its 34 inch width
- Stow all your gear with tank wells and gear straps
Now that we've made such a strong case for its versatility, what else do you get with the Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak? We thought you'd never ask. To make all those unique seating positions work, the Malibu Two has a forward seat that can be rotated around to face toward the rear paddler (great for keeping an eye on a child trying their hand at fishing or a relaxing paddle with your date) and a center seat position with patented overlapping foot wells that allow for stable solo paddling with comfortable foot bracing. At a compact 12 feet long, you'll have room for two average size adults and even a small child or four-legged family member. Smaller children can sit in the laps of adult paddlers (although you need to be careful not to exceed the weight limit and the little ones must be able to swim and are wearing proper life jackets at all times).
The Malibu Two Tandem Kayak's single-layer, high-density polyethylene (HDPE) hull is virtually indestructible under normal use. Somewhat flexible, the hull gives on impact so it won't crack, but remains stiff using compound curves so it performs in any condition. It's also very abrasion-resistant, but can be repaired in the event a scratch or gouge occurs. There's also an included skid plate for extra durability when launching or beaching your kayak.
Comfort & Convenience
In addition to its three molded-in seat wells, the Malibu Two has two Comfort Plus™ adjustable padded seats and backrests made from durable, UV-resistant nylon pack cloth with reinforced stays and solid brass clips with stainless steel springs that easily clip on the hull. The seats even have reflective logos that illuminate in the dark after exposure to sunlight. Toggle carry handles are provided at the bow and stern and side mounted handles at the balance point at either side of the cockpit make it easier to lift the kayak. Four self-draining scupper holes allow any water that makes its way over the side to drain from the cockpit without the need for bailing. Three deck straps provide secure gear storage.
Everything you need to experience fun days on the water is included except life jackets, paddles and sunscreen (sold separately).
12' Malibu Two Tandem Sit-On-Top Kayak
|Hull Construction||Roto Molded|
|Seat Type||Padded and Adjustable Backrest and Bottom|
|Warranty Details||Limited Lifetime on Hull (Does not apply to Commercial Use)|
The West Advisor articles have answered boaters' questions and provided solutions to boating problems for more than 20 years. West Marine has compiled one of the Web's most comprehensive collections of technical boating information articles.
Related West Advisor Articles
Free Standard Shipping is only applicable on orders over $49.00 and within the 48 contiguous United States. Free shipping does not apply to Truck Freight.
FREE DELIVERY to West Marine Stores
- Available for ALL products including hazardous & truck freight items.
- Ship to over 260 U.S. store locations.
- Contiguous United States orders arrive in 8 - 10 days.
- Hawaii and Alaska orders arrive in 10 - 16 days
- Expedited shipping is available for an additional fee.
- Not available in Puerto Rico.
FREE SHIPPING on orders over $49.00
- Applicable on orders over $49.00 within the 48 contiguous United States.
- Does not apply to Truck Freight.
- No coupon code required.
- Orders will be delivered within 3 - 7 business days.
We stand behind everything we sell. If at any time your West Marine purchase does not meet your expectations, you can return it for a replacement or refund. If you are a West Advantage Rewards member, you don't even need a receipt - we'll have a record of your purchase. Returns can be made via mail or in person at their nearest store location.
We do carry a few items that cannot be returned: items with expiration dates that have expired such as flares, charts, annual publications; items registered to the user such as boats, motors, EPIRBs, PLBs, SPOT, Class B AIS, life rafts; customized items such as rigging, and boat covers; computer software, electronics charts, and carry-on air conditioners. For electronics we will help you contact the vendor for assistance or repair. If you are not a West Advantage Rewards member, we will first need to verify your purchase by receipt or other method.
Standard Shipping (ground service) is used to ship items that are considered hazardous. Estimated delivery is 3 – 7 business days and only applicable on deliveries within the contiguous United States. Signature Required for receipt of shipment.
For additional inquiries, you may call Customer Service at 1-800-BOATING (262-8464)